Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new guy to this Va Chat Forum. Been hunting Virginia for 35 years. Looking for new places and people to hunt with. Over the years have lost alot of great places to hunt. From Port Royal Va. on the Rapp. River (Mallards, Blacks and Canadas and a few Divers) to Quantico on the Pot. River (Pintail Heaven, Mallards and Blacks) on the Ni River in Spotsy/Caroline (Mallards, Woodies and Blacks) over to Lake Anna in Mineral (Mallards and Blacks, Divers and Canadas)down and over to Claytor Lake in Pulaski Va.(Mallards) over to the New River in Blacksburg (Montgomery Co.) (Mallards) back down to Smith Mountain Lake Va (Mallards,some Divers and Canadas) all the way back to Back Bay outside of Va Beach (Mallards, Blacks, Teal). So for the last 2 seasons I tried a Club in DE and Eastern Shore of MD. Lot of money spent in club Fees and Licenses and little gained for it. So I'm back to Virginia and hoping to find new people and places to hunt. I own my own boat a 20' Sea Ark with a 90hp Honda and a Pop-Up Blind, it has a 70lb Thrust Trolling Motor for picking up Decoys, 3 dozen Mallard Floaters and 3 dozen Canada Goose Floaters (All in Avery Slotted Bags). For Field Hunting I have a 12' Enclosed Trailer with 78 Fullbody Goose Decoys (w/ Avery Slotted Bags as well) and 60 Silos, 2 Mojo Ducks and 2 layout blinds. I have 3 labradors 1 off to a great start (2-1/2 years old) and 2 in training (1-13 months and 1-10 months).

I go to Saskatchewan every year for 1-2 weeks and take a dog and 3 close Friends with me. I have a better Goose(Canada and Snow) and Duck Field Rig there then here in Virginia also have 4 layout blinds and 2 Mojos Ducks with around 45,000 acres of permissioned land to hunt that I have obtained in over the last 9 years of going up there.

So as you can see I have the equipment to hunt in Saskatchewan along with land, but have little land or water to hunt anymore here in Virginia. So if anyone is looking for a person to hunt with or needs someone else in a group to cover blind materials and land leases and work. I'm your guy. I'm a member of DU and Delta Waterfowl and willing to join a club here to hunt with. So please PM me with anyone interested in a new hunting buddy.

2007-2008 Harvest
Saskatchewan 10 days of hunting 16 Canadas (only 2 days hunted for Canadas), 80 Ducks (Mallards mostly and maybe 18 Pintails) and 12 Snows and Blues and 3 Specks. Upland Bird Harvest 6 Sharptails and 12 Hungarian Partridges
Now MD & DE 12 days of hunting 12 Canadas and 2 Mallards and 2 GW Teal. Sad for all the money spent for Club Fees and Work days and fuel and lack of DUCKS.
Va Harvest 4 days of hunting 10 Mallards, 2 Woodies, 2 Blacks and 6 Canadas not bad for Virginia.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
57 Posts
:welcome:

My wife's family is from Hillsville. What part of SW VA are you from? I'm going up to do some fishing this spring, and we'll scout for birds while we're up there.

Last Independance Day weekend, I couldn't fish the rocks on some of the creeks because of the goose droppings!

- Jimmy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimmy,
I live at Smith Mountain Lake in the Big Metro of Penhook Va :wink:
I use to go to school At Radford University. Sold Insurance in Hillsville, Galax area in the early 90s. Know it well. Just let me know about a scout trip would be glad to join you.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
539 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.