Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I say keep them off WMAs. The trolling motors too. Let's have some places that you still need to work to get at

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I would agree with keeping trolling motors out of certain places, nice to leave spots for those that don't mind working for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Was looking for WMAs where the trolling motors would help and there are very few of them that are 100% contained. Besides that there are a bunch of non-WMA lakes that have motor restrictions.

·
Registered
889 Posts
razorrt5 said:
I would agree with keeping trolling motors out of certain places, nice to leave spots for those that don't mind working for it

I literally bought a trolling motor because I'm tired of working for it. I probably have more options and less competition than the MN guys.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
WallyDuck said:
razorrt5 said:

I literally bought a trolling motor because I'm tired of working for it. I probably have more options and less competition than the MN guys.

you probably have 1/4 the hunters and 4X the birds so you can afford that move lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like all the MN changes. I am looking forward to the teal season and waterfowl hunting in general this season. I have seen first hand how dry North Dakota is this summer. Any of the sloughs that still have water are covered with ducks. I think more birds will migrate through MN this year because it is so dry out there. Just like in the 80s.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
pj said:
I like all the MN changes. I am looking forward to the teal season and waterfowl hunting in general this season. I have seen first hand how dry North Dakota is this summer. Any of the sloughs that still have water are covered with ducks. I think more birds will migrate through MN this year because it is so dry out there. Just like in the 80s.
From your lips to Gods ear!!

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
pj said:
Glad I picked a good year to screw over my hunting season. Lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
DNR has adopted these proposed changes to Minnesota's waterfowl hunting regulations:

Increasing the bag limit for Canada, white-fronted or Brant geese in any combination from three to five birds per day for the entire season;

Extending legal shooting hours to sunset for the entire season, eliminating the 4 p.m. early season closure;

Implementing a five-day early teal season (Sept. 4 - Sept. 8) as an experimental regulation for up to three years;

Allowing statewide over-water goose hunting during the early September season; and

Establishing season dates through the 2024 season for the north, central and south waterfowl hunting zones.

North zone: Keeping a 60-day season with no split. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Tuesday, Nov. 23.
Central zone: Keeping a 60-day season with a five-day split. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Sunday, Oct. 3, and Saturday, Oct. 9, to Sunday, Nov. 28.
South zone: Implementing a 60-day season with a five-day split rather than the 12-day split implemented the past nine years. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Sunday, Oct. 3, and Saturday, Oct. 9, to Sunday, Nov. 28.

The DNR developed the waterfowl regulation proposals after public engagement efforts during the past few months, which included an online survey, direct staff outreach and a hunter attitude survey.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wildlife/wa ... input.html

Never thought I'd see this...maybe in another 10 years they'll allow swan and sandhills statewide.
DNR has adopted these proposed changes to Minnesota's waterfowl hunting regulations:

Increasing the bag limit for Canada, white-fronted or Brant geese in any combination from three to five birds per day for the entire season;

Extending legal shooting hours to sunset for the entire season, eliminating the 4 p.m. early season closure;

Implementing a five-day early teal season (Sept. 4 - Sept. 8) as an experimental regulation for up to three years;

Allowing statewide over-water goose hunting during the early September season; and

Establishing season dates through the 2024 season for the north, central and south waterfowl hunting zones.

North zone: Keeping a 60-day season with no split. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Tuesday, Nov. 23.
Central zone: Keeping a 60-day season with a five-day split. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Sunday, Oct. 3, and Saturday, Oct. 9, to Sunday, Nov. 28.
South zone: Implementing a 60-day season with a five-day split rather than the 12-day split implemented the past nine years. The 2021 season dates would be Saturday, Sept. 25, to Sunday, Oct. 3, and Saturday, Oct. 9, to Sunday, Nov. 28.

The DNR developed the waterfowl regulation proposals after public engagement efforts during the past few months, which included an online survey, direct staff outreach and a hunter attitude survey.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wildlife/wa ... input.html

Never thought I'd see this...maybe in another 10 years they'll allow swan and sandhills statewide.
Absolutely stupid.. the poor numbers coupled with poorer production lets make it easier to kill off the breeding stock. What a joke the Minnesota DNR is!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Absolutely stupid.. the poor numbers coupled with poorer production lets make it easier to kill off the breeding stock. What a joke the Minnesota DNR is!
If that were true, all the surrounding states would have killed off their teal populations years ago.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
And the Canada goose population would be miniscule, not growing every year as they currently are

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Huh we had a really good year for production from what I saw around the lake/area this year.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts