Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new lab from a guy and he has done little with him. i was wondering if anyone here can help me getting started with this dog he is almost a year old and will fetch a little i have one lab that is great and will work all day long this is my first try at working with a dog that i have not had since it was a very young pup any tricks or tips will be appreciated
Please dont just say use and e-collar i want to work with him not zap him till he does what i want him to do also understand that although i use it as a last resort it may be necessary in this situation any suggestions weiil be great
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
go right back to the basics like you would with a pup and start the training right from scratch you cant skip any steps or your training will suffer hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
go get the tape waterdog by richard a wolters ive been using it to train my pup and it goes step by step from start to finish.i can give you a number to call to order it or you can check your sporting goods store. 1-800-310-4418 hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TRAIN HIM ALONG WITH YOUR SEASONED DOG YOU WILL BE AMAZED ON HOW FAST THE NEW DOG WILL PICK UP ON THINGS,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts