Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3302 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yeah good idea... Like how long you have been hunting, where you hunt them, how you hunt them ducks(fields, sloughs, timber, rice, etc), dog, type of decoys, guns, calls, hunting buddies, boat, vehicle, memberships to conservation orgs, etc, etc... the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

For an example example I'll do my intro for ya all.
My name is Alan and I have been hunting waterfowl since age 9, which is 36 years of hunting now. I hunt MN and MB and occasionally SD, and have also hunted ND and SK. I hunt both ducks and geese, and both field and water for them both. And I hunt both puddle (sloughs)and divers(lakes), and both CA and S&Bs. I got a GR named Casey who is 9 years old now. I shoot a Win SX2 and use G&H smags for the ducks and Bigfoots for CA geese and custom socks for S&Bs. I drive a Chevy S-10 4x4 which hauls my 14' boat and 25hp motor or the 5x8 enclosed trailer for field hunting. I am an active member of Delta Waterfowl, DU US, DU CA, and MNWA being I have been on their local coommittees for the last 10+ years (except DU CA).

Well, there you go, so now do not be bashful, post up an intro-even the guys that have been here a while should do so so we can get to know one another a bit better. :smile:

·
Registered
696 Posts
My name is Duncan. I am from Oklahoma. I hunt all over the state and plan to make a trip to North Dakota this year to duck hunt and South Dakota to pheasant hunt. I did shoot a Remington 870 Express Supermagnum, and just bought a Winchester Super X2 Super Mag. My retriever is my set of cabelas ultimate waders. I moderate the gear, shotgun, target shooting, and oklahoma flyway forum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I'm one of the longest members here, but I'll reintroduce myself.

My name (what a shocker by the screen name) is Chris Hustad, and I currently reside in Bismarck, ND. I've lived in ND my whole life and *** help me if I ever leave. I've been hunting since I can remember, and I'm currently 26 years young. I hunt waterfowl around 40 days/year, and I have a VERY understanding wife. I'm mostly a goose hunter by heart, and I normally hunt snows/blues or Canadas.

I'm a diehard decoyer, and if it doesn't decoy I may not hunt. :)

Welcome.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just joined today. Stumbled on this site while in search of info & advice. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and have just gotten serious about waterfowl hunting over the last couple of years. Before that I was into big game & upland birds. Have all the equipment in the world, just bought a new BPS 10 in February. I used to belong to a a bowhunting site that seems similar to this one and it was a great resource for information. I'm hoping this one will provide the same for my new passion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here it is.... Stay on the west side, Seattle area. Been here for 4 years then moving on. Try to hunt the home state of Iowa every year when time or deployments permit. Hunt everything that walks crawls or flies. Always looking for new partners to shoot with in the off season and hunt with during the season.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi my name is Jim Wenzbauer. I live and hunt in southeast Nebraska. I hunt mostly ducks but like to shoot geese as well. This coming season will be my 20th year of duck hunting.
:thumbsup:

I would like to get out of Nebraska and do some duck hunting. If anyone has some info on public or private ground in ND or SD let me know. :salude:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Jeepman:-) said:
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Does that include duck hunting? :toofunny:

Sounds like maybe you are with an Engineers Battalion ....

·
Registered
286 Posts
ok my name is shane I stared huntin ducks when I was 9 and have just started to get in to goose hunting I shoot a Benilli Nova with 3-3 1/2 wichesters I'm thinking about switchin to tungston though that is if I can afford it. I have a Chocolate Lab that is 2 years old. I am in the process of getin a moter for my boat an 16 ft. semi-v bottom. I hunt in south east Kansas I mainly hunt lakes and the occasional marsh. I also do a lot of jump shoting. I hunt primarly with my dad. I drive a chevy saburban 4x4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Posting up for the new year :yes:

My name is Bryan. I live in NW AR and have a very understanding wife. sevral childern, (four of wich were in a blind with me on one of my better hunts last year). I have a chocolate lab which was trained as an upland bird dog but is a natural in a blind. I have two boats .... I should say one flatbottom, as understanding as my wife is she will not let me camo the family ski :help: . Needless to say I don't use it often.

I hunt the rivers in AR and OK mostly. I jump hunt when I am short on time. Have a large need to hunt in Wyoming again. Hunted ducks up there in the 90's and it was great.

bring'em down

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I'll jump in here. Hello, my name is Dave, and I'm a Duckaholic

("hello dave")

I have been hooked on duck hunting my hole life. Started going to the blind with my Dad when I was 5. Killed my first duck when I was 7. That was 32 years ago. Have not missed a season since. I hunt all over Arkansas, and Oklahoma, from the rivers to flooded fields to flooded timber. Also have hunted ND, KS. TX, & LA. "Have gun will travel."

I'm married, have 2 boys (6 & 2), and a yellow lab, HR Captain Rhett of Stuttgart.

My wife's favorite comment about me is, "He's a pretty good husband till duck season rolls around, then he's not worth a S***." :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
1968, right out of Vietnam. Almost froze to death. whent from 100 to 30 degrees in 2 weeks.... Have hunted in Ohio home state Arkansas and North Dakota.... Love ND and its people !!!!! Will be back this year, the lord willing. I shoot a Beretta 686 and use Chessies for dogs. Will have pups for sale in early Sept. Here in Ohio I work in a marsh to support my habit, ducks and hunting.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined up today. I am 35 years old and I am married with two little girls. I have been hunting all of my life. I live in Alabama but do all of my hunting in Arkansas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TalkinLikeaSuzie

:welcome:

Where in Arkansas do you hunt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
InTheDecoys, I agree. I feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor of what's going to be a big waterfowl site.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Howdy :getdown: , My name is Ty i live in northern IN, some say im obsessed with duck/goose hunting i think i like goose (canada) most but ducks are fun to. We really have a lot of geese around here and the farmers hate them so i hunt in the cow pasture with a pond and the cows make great decoys. :thumbsup: I like to hunt in ND cause the people are so friendly (ducks or no ducks) I found this site thru Nodakoutdoors. I have to say the only kind of hunter i cant stand is a sky buster :withstupid:

1 - 20 of 3302 Posts