Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, he will be training so that I don't have to run down cripples any more and take an accidental swim.

I'm going to be training with Paul Botehlo of Dartmoor Retrievers in South Dartmouth. Just weekly visits initially but at some point he will be going there for a 3 or 4 month stay.

I will be sure to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very cool.
Welcome to the world El Chapo.
You just hit the ultimate dog jackpot - you're owners are going to train you to hunt.
Some day he'll charge thru the thick stuff and bring you a bird, make you proud it'll be magical.
Good luck!
Put in the work, the fun you'll have later on is 100% worth how much work it is early.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the journey right now is just getting him house broken and used to the crate. going well so far. little guy didn't cry once last night. 7 hrs crated today and he cried maybe 30 minutes total (i was watching him from work on a cloud cam). hired someone to take him outside a 1/2 hr midday while im at work for $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds awesome man!
I remember the early days waking up when she whined during the night to take her out to pee. Then later when she started sleeping thru the night, so nice.
If you look online for training resources you'll find there's millions - tough to know what's good/bad. I like Bill Hillman. That's what we used. His stuff is good if you have no experience like I did.
Just what worked for me, solid resource.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts