Duck Hunting Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good Luck on Long Island! I always like running there. Good bunch of dog people. I'm headed there this weekend to run Bean in the LIRFTC HRC Upland tests. Can't make the Oct. 17-18 AKC test there. I'm going to Kentucky for Oct 7-14 to judge the Grand (789 dogs entered). Then stopping Oct 15-18 in MD to run Bean in 2 tests at Conowingo HRC.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Professor_Leakey said:
that's fantastic. congrats.

will any of you be running your dogs at manorville next month? i'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary,
I am running two retrievers in the HRC Upland Hunter Quad on 9/19 and 9/20. I agree, the LIRFTC is a club with some really fine members. I will see Wayne there this weekend.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I forgot to mention I did several doubles with Chapo last week. He did great. Still needs to work on hold but he gets his marks. He should be in good shape for the juniors next month. He's got 2 more weeks to go with the trainer; then he comes home. I am very excited to run him in the juniors and of course to hunt with him this season.

Planning to hunt him central opener. I'll probably not even shoot, just handle...though he's been very good in break tests.

·
Registered
650 Posts
wsumner said:
View attachment 1 Bean passed 2 Upland tests at Long Island this weekend and earned her Upland Hunter title'

Irishwhistler also earned several passes with Jackson and Mac.
Jackson earned his Upland Hunter title.
It was a fun weekend with perfect weather for upland hunting. The dogs loved it!!
Aye Wayne,

Those are some right dapper looking lads there, and their dogs aren't half bad looking too! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

T'was indeed a fine weekend spent amongst HRC folks and their dogs, and that always means a grand time with grand friends and their beloved sporting dogs.

Cheers :beer: ,
IRISHWHISTLER

·
Registered
99 Posts
My lab turned 7 in December so I guess I can hopefully get 3 more seasons out him. I think I'll have to get at least a started or a finished dog next time around cause I don't have the time at home like I used to. The wife doesn't want to deal with a puppy, 2 other dogs & 2 or maybe more kids while I'm at sea over 200+ days a year

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Here is Kona at a little over 6 months. Haven’t got to do as much training as I’d like but she’s shown a bunch of improvement over the past few weeks.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts