Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem I am again in the market for a new shot gun. I have 3 870's and a Nova.... I was considering a Black Eagle II or a 10 gauge of one Kind or another. This gun will probably be used on geese or the occational Duck. which would you fellas recomend??? Thanks

T-Bone

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well it depends. I've always dreamed of having a semi-auto, but I just love the reliablity of my 870 too much to give it up. I know that the new technology has made the semi-auto shotgun increasingly dependable, but I've seen my uncle's new benelli jam up when we were in a field and my old pump kept on pumpin.

If you plan on getting a semi-auto the Black Eagle is the way to go. If you want a 10 guage I know Browning makes a pretty good firearm. The only thing I don't like about the 10 is how darn heavy it is. That and the shells are at least five bucks more a box. They are good for geese though.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would go with the SBE, that is the gun I use and I love it. You don't need any more power than a 3.5 can pack. 10 gauges are just over kill. I shoot geese with 12 ga 3" shells and crush them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unless you really have to have a 10 gauge. I would recommend the 12 3 1/2". They are more versatile, cheaper to operate, and weigh a lot less. The SBE and SBEII are great choices. I like the Browning Gold better myself. The Beretta Xtrema, Franchi 912, and Winchester SX2 all a good choices as well.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I shoot an Extrema. Nice gun and never had any problems with it. I shoot geese with 2 3/4 in or 3 " shells and it kills them dead. You can save money and learn to talk like a goose and not need a cannon. I like to limit my shots to 35 yards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd go with the Browning Gold, X2, or the Extrema. They give you the versitility you need and the gas operation softens the recoil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts