Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new to this site, and also new to duck calling, can anyone out there help me, What kind of duck call, so many duck calls out there. Been to Bass pro shops, Wal-marts,etc. I just don't know what to buy, so many shapes and sizes. I'll be hunting for mallards this fall. Also a learning cd or tape. Thanks for the help.[/b]

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I personally like the double nasty that they sell at Walmart. It is cheap and sounds pretty good. Many birds have died coming to me and the little brother's double nasty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info KS_waterfowler,Going to Wal-mart to check it out. Thanks again for the help... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info 20gauge24. Will be going to wal-mart and checking it out. thanks again.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go with the quackhead, it is easy to learn and it sounds great while you learn plus it is only about 25.00. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Everyone uses a mallard call. out here on public land I've called in ten times as many ducks with a whistle mallards included.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I went last night and bought a double nasty II like KS suggested. It sounds great! Very easy to blow, and came with a free pintail/wigeon whistle.

Anyone ever used a Jezebel twist tone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ya'll for your input, I'll be putting all your input into my thinking cap,when I go this weekend. Thanks agains, I'll reply and tell which one I bought. Thanks again ya'll.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum I agree with ks waterfowl on the Double Nasty Buck Gardner makes it and he is the nicest professional duck caller I have met. I was like you when I first started 2 yrs ago. I called and talked to Buck myself he was in Canada at the time filming a duck hunt he is very down to earth. I would get Buck Gardner calls for sure.
www.buckgardner.com
That is his link

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The buck Gardner duck sounds great, went to the web page. ya'll are saying double nasty. There a double nasty II, Which one would ya'll prefer. Double nasty or double nastyII. Thanks for info...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jay,
I have a fowl mouth and the double nasty2 One is a single reed and the othere a double reed

·
Registered
248 Posts
Jay, Just remember that some of these calls reqiure blowing from the bottom of your belly. diaphragm etc. Blowing into one like a whistle won't create the sound your looking for. I found out that saying or humming words give off better sounds for me. so practice. good luck in your search and keep us posted on your success. I got Primo's Yo SISTA, and also a Primo: 6-in-1 whistle call.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree with the double nasty. and also with the comment about Buck being a great guy. I got a return e-mail from him when i was searching for take em' hunting videos #2-#4. Another good guy is Barnie Calef. Met him at the sportsman's warehouse waterfowl weekend this summer. he took the time to talk to us about what kind of hunting we did and then had us try both the single and double reed from Hunters Specialties bill collector series. $20 each and we got a lot of info from duck hunting 101. he's pretty good a teaching the call.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the input from ya'll, I went to Bass pro shop and bought Buck Gardner The system comes with a Double nasty II and instruction cd and a 6-n-1 call. I listened to the cd allready, learned alot so far, I need alot more practice, I have sometime on my side, will be hunting in Nov. I can tell a difference in a single reed and double reed call. So with that, I thank ya'll again, for everything.. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts