Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved here from Utah, my dad is a pro Lab trainer back home so I did a bunch of waterfawl hunting there. I just need to know some good places to go, and or where not to go! I Have all the gear, and my dads sending me a dog come fall. I am always open to new hunting buddys too, any and all help/tips are welcome. Thanks guys

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would check out Washington Waterfowl Association at this link:

http://www.washingtonwaterfowl.org/where.html

Then I would attend the new Whatcom County chapter meeting on the first Tuesday of he month at 7 pm at the Tennant Lake Interpative Center

Tennant Lake Interpretive Center
Directions: Take Ferndale Exit 262 off I-5. Go west on Main Street ½ mile, turn left onto Hovander Road at railroad underpass then right on Nielsen Ave. Follow signs to Tennant Lake Interpretive Center (end of Nielsen Ave.)

At the next meeting there will be many guys who hunt your area extensively and they can point you in the right directions especially if you want to do some work on nests or blinds you can join the work parties and get some close up looks at those spots and some ideas about the area.

There are a lot of opportunities in your area but best of all joining WWA and working for the resource will carry a satisfaction of its own! :thumbsup:

Next meeting is the first Tuesday of April!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Zmego88

Sully gave you some great info! Would love to have you get involved up here in Whatcom county. We have a great bunch of dedicated conservationists/volunteers/hunters and can always use more.

We got some good work parties coming up the summer and fall, feel free to PM me if you want more details.

I also grew up in Utah.... Farmington

·
Registered
182 Posts
welcome to washington, its an awesome state but ......I know noone will give up their spots, especially the productive ones to someone that we don't know online. best info I will give is go on the WWA tour this fall, they give some great spots, but everyone knows and hunts these spots...which has an impact on the quality and quanity during hunts.

your in a good location to be living for birds too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.