Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay, I am looking to do a hunt next year, but with two in dippers and such I need to keep it low cost. I like to hunt, but don't care much about lavish accommodations or food, warm and dry and something to eat is all. I don't mind working at it and would rather help than have someone do it all for me. Something I could drive to in a day from Michigan. Really good hunting or a good chance for it is a must. Something after our season closes, maybe just after the holidays would be a bonus. Any recommendations? I am looking for personal experiences here no "I heard stuff" unless it is a trusted friend of yours or something.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I don't know your area, BUT, I did not get into duck hunting when I was originaly interested because I "thought" you could only do it on Maryland eastern shore until I meet my one buddy. I have since figured out that ducks hang out on all kinds of little creeks and give some surprising great action in very small areas.

Budget, my kind of price. Time to knock on doors! :salude: :getdown:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input archeryrob, but I should clarify some. I was not talking about just finding some ducks to hunt. I was actually talking about getting out of town on a little trip, seeing some new places, meeting some new people and killing some duck or geese. Every year I go to Indian to hunt geese on the early opener and hunt teal and doves. One hour drive and a couple of days in a camp ground, a great time. Southwest Michigan is not a major flyway so I would like to get somewhere where the birds are a little more plentiful with some good areas that are not packed with hunters. I have been to SD a couple of times and it was a blast, but to far to go right now.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Try swaping a hunt with someone else. No fees other than your cost of getting there and licence. I'm sure there are others out there who would like the same op.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.