Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
:getdown: Whats up crankerup! I'll help you get this one started. I hunt in central NC and go to the coast once a year for a trip :thumbsup: I heard some talk with my bud I hunt with about some land to lease in Duplin co or in Greene co has anyone else from NC hunted either of these areas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been in NC for over a year and am beginning to wonder where everybody goes to hunt. Too many activists and antis in the Piedmont area. I spent 10 years in MS and I do miss the ducks. I am starting to have withdrawls If I don't kill a goose or duck this year, I might have to go to detox! Where are the ducks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
crankerup said:
How many North Carolina duck & goose hunters out there, and where do you hunt. :thumbsup:
Hey... I "think" I'm a duck hunter. Atleast when I lived in South Georgia, I was. Now that I live in Charlotte the only waterfowel I see is a bunch of geese in the parkin' lot! It would be nice to know where a guy can hunt ducks in NC.
Any clues?

·
Registered
89 Posts
LIVE IN THE MTNS OF NC AND YOU CAN REALLY SEE DEPRESSING DUCK NUMBERS. ALTHOUGH WHEN IT FREEZES OVER IN WINTER HUNT THE CREEKS THE GOLF CORSE AND DEVELOPMENT BIRDS WILL MOVE THERE WE DO WELL THAT WAY. I FEEL THE AGGRAVATION SAME AS YALL HUNTING IN NC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are there any ducks in North Carolina? That is a crazy question! I live in Camden North Carolina and there a ducks everywhere. Most of the time we go hunting and kill aleast two ducks apeace at the least. We scout a lot in the off season and build our blinds to add to our success. We have so many wood ducks that it is getting borring killing them. Some send me some pintails!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm from gates county, and I hunt the swamps! The Chowan river is less than two miles from my house but until the swamps freezee....I'll stay in the swamps! Scouting is the key. If you can find a large swamp and you get the time to go scouting ...go. Look for the tell tell signs....feathers on the water, birds talking it up in the early morning, flushing birds up ahead of ya ! In the afternoon take your vehicle where you can look across a field to see what is flying into or out of these swamps! Ps. if you think that a good ole' boy is going to tell you where his honey holes are :toofunny: ! honestly, I learned by getting with another hunter in the area. I was always early to meet him when we scouted, I was always early when we met to go hunting. If you wish to fight the crowds.... I can recomend the pamlico sound impoundment! lots of birds, lots of hunters, and you had better be at the ramp before 4:00 am ( cant launch before then) and you had better be prepared to walk in deep mud to get to a blind. Other than that it is a great place to hunt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey all im in the same boat just moved here from upstate new york now live in alamance county, tryin to find places close to me, all the good spots mattamuskeet and all 4 hrs away dont mind the travel but every weekend too much any suggestions helpfull. thanx all and good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
i live in mebane and just got into duck hunting around here back in nov. i did a little in sc. i am also just getting into calling. me and some buddies have been to jordan lake and have had some decent hunts. i havent shot at a flying biurd in about four years because of school and fball dusties, but i am gettin back in the swing. still wainting on that first mallard. we usually tryu to go once a week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hunt the High Rock, Tucker Town lake area. It seems the duck numbers are dropping. Three years ago you could kill your limit. Now your lucky to see you limit. I ususally take a trip with a few buddies to Reelfoot Lake, TN once a year. The number of ducks there are unreal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in the Piedmont, I hunt the local lakes, impoundments, rivers, and head to the coast. I just moved back from around Lake Erie, although the Piedmont isn't on an ancestral route, there are birds if you scout - such as the two geese I shot last sat after scouting them.

Main thing is since it is pressured, be sure to be considerate of other hunters and let the ducks work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.