Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
If U R picky stay in ND,we take what we can get and happy to get em.IMO you have way better greenhead hunting in your region than anywhere in central MT.Also what you are suggesting is ILLEGAL in MT,we can not accept anything of value in return for a (guided) hunt without an outfitters liscence.

·
Registered
57 Posts
actually trading hunts is NOT illegal and there is some killer hunts around Bozeman if you look at past posts of mine and you will see every time we went out we limited on greenheads 186 to be exact and a considerable amount of Geese. I dont think anyone can gaurantee you anything special unless you are with a guide. but a good time is what montanas have to offer.

good luck out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nelli21 said:
actually trading hunts is NOT illegal and there is some killer hunts around Bozeman if you look at past posts of mine and you will see every time we went out we limited on greenheads 186 to be exact and a considerable amount of Geese. I dont think anyone can gaurantee you anything special unless you are with a guide. but a good time is what montanas have to offer.

good luck out there.
I have looked at your pics and they are great! My roommate played hockey in boz so we have a potential place to stay! I'm in no way asking to be guided. I piss on guided hunting. I am only asking for someone who wishes to bang some fowl and have a great time in montana's beautiful countryside. I can provide a place to stay in nodak in the heart of the death zone. I will need to have the hunt in early to mid november just make the call myself and a friend will be there the next day. Cannot hunt over christmas break as i'm sea duckin for that two weeks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well you see nonya you treat it as "frineds" if i have a friend in say alabama who has a duck hole and is willing to take me to it if all i buy is the tags then that is not a guided hunt simply a friend taking a friend out hunting. if you look at the forums there is actually a forum that says "SWAP HUNTS" if no one is taking money except for buying someone dinner or a few rounds then it is not a guided hunt. and as for the hunt man I will get back to you THE MAIN reason that we DO limit out is because ONE we do A LOT of scouting almost as many mornings in the truck as in the blind and SECOND we dont hunt much public BUT we also do not PAY A DIME to do it. as most peole know there is not a lot of public land with migrators on it around bozeman. and if you found a place like that keep it to yourself or else every subaru driven hippie that owns a shotgun would be there. Keep it in your plans and ill let you know when I KNOW.
God Bless and get outside it is the only thing you have going for ya

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nelli you are exactly right, people do it every year. My two best buddies take me pheasant hunting a couple of times/year in SD, and I take them bear hunting in MT. Nothing even close to illegal about that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll trade a pheasant hunt too if thats what you guys want. I am a land owner of some shyt that is covered in roosters. Take your pick...Roosters, honks, snows, ducks.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I do swap hunts all the time. I killed a couple very nice osceolas in FL for a MT whitetail. As stated as long as its just a couple of "buddies" going hunting they dont care. I have discussed it several times with FWP law enforcement. It better just be a hunt. Do trade any tree stands or guns ect and your fine. Turns out that you usually are buddies at the end of the hunt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well PM me with some more contact info and i will let you know, I just need to make sure that you will have birds to shoot, so talking with my farmer buddies is key, but definately it would be worth your while, it does not get any better watching ducks cup in with the mountains in the back ground. God Bless and Good luck out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nelli21 said:
well PM me with some more contact info and i will let you know, I just need to make sure that you will have birds to shoot, so talking with my farmer buddies is key, but definately it would be worth your while, it does not get any better watching ducks cup in with the mountains in the back ground. God Bless and Good luck out there.
Shooting birds would be a plus. We just want to hunt Montana! HAHA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.