Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the northwind economy windsocks any good? do they have a support system to keep the sock up off the ground? is it true that the newer models have painted beaks and eyes? Thanks a lot.

Derek

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have not opened up a box in a couple of years now. So can not say for sure. But they reg NWs were silk screened feather detail, painted heads, and with a back bone. The economies were not a few years back. But on a scale of 1 to 10, they are 3 IMO based upon my experience with them years ago. Maybe they improved them in recent years, I don't know though.

Most guys are buying the socks from Cabela's or greenbaydecoys as they're cheaper. Like $2.50 a picee in quantity with shipping.

And the guys that want high end socks buy Jim Jone's prairiewindecoys socks and use his back bone with a liner bag and stainless steel stakes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is nothing wrong with northwinds. They work well and can easily be modified. The only downside in my opinion is how the pack up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.