Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ya'll. I was just wondering if anybody has considered or attempted to take that crippled duck home to nurse it back to good health rather than beating it's cranium against your stock or ringin' it's neck? Last week I downed a drake widgeon, only busted it's wing. Well my dog/buddy (his name is Killer) retrieved it for me. When he brought it back I gave his skull a good pounding on my stock, I figured it was goodnight for old drakey boy. When I got home I was wrong. I unloaded my decoy bags out of the boat to rinse em off. I was in a hurry to get home so I stuffed old drakey boy at the top of a bag. When I opened it up he ran for San Francisco! I was surprised, though it didn't amaze me. Ducks are tough and smart. Old drakey was probably playing dead so I wouldn't give him another good whackin. Well anyways that funny question above crossed my mind before I gave old drakey his final lullabye on the front end of my chrome bumper on the Ford Excursion. Ouch! I sure am glad I'm a human...well most of the time.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya ya ya ya, I know the laws and regulations for watefowl/duck hunting.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey boys,

Well I sure am mighty glad some of ya'll are having some fun with this topic. But please, don't argue with each other. I would advise ya'll to re-read my post. I do not nurse or attempt to nurse cripples back to health. I asked a question. It just crossed my crazy mind that is all, I whacked him as soon as I caught him tryin to run for San Francisco. I whacked him as soon as Killer brought him back to the boat. No I do not hunt deer with a spotlight! I was curious to see how many people are actually interested in a man's interests or occupation and what type of replies I would get. I do abibe by the law and am familiar with all legalities affiliated with legal hunting in my state. Besides hunting waterfowl with battery operated decoys, cuz nobody will stop me from using my mojo duck, I spent over 100 clams on that thing brand new....only kidding. I am a member of DU, North American Hunting Club, and Ooutdoor writers assn of America, Inc. Ya'll come back now ya hear.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
"It's guys like you that give ethical hunters a bad name." Ok whatever pal, I'm not even going to bother. However, I would like to know one thing about you. What have you done or do on your part besides kill the game you are pursuing? You will find additional information on Outdoor writers association of America, Inc website: www.owaa.org.

OWAA's MISSION:
Our mission: improve the professional skills of our members, set the highest ethical and communications standards, encourage public enjoyment and conservation of natural resources, and mentor the next generation of professional outdoor communicators. Like a wiseman told me. Take a youngster hunting today instead of rehab tomorrow. Ya'll come back now ya hear.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
:getdown: Yeeahaaa PJ! There's a fine line between freedom of speech and being flat out obnoxious.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge tstrong's lack of maturity. :oops: I consistently put my crippled ducks to bed by whackin' their heads on my stock and will continue to do so for as long as I hunt. Old drakey boy rolled a 7 on that whack. I don't blame you tstrong for all the anger built up inside of you. I would be upset too if I lived in a state where the citizens elected "The Terminator" for Governor. For cryin out loud! tstrong grow up. Enough said. :umm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.