Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, looks like I may headed to the area for employment. Currently reside on Chesapeake bay in SE Virginia. Just curious as to what species ya'll shoot, should I unload all my canada and diver decoys and stock up on teal decoys?

Are layout/floating blinds the name of the game or are there fixed blinds?

How big of a problem are gators?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Keep your divers!!! A few teal will come in handy during the Early Woodduck and Teal Season and during the first part of the regular season but so will alot of coots.

No permanent blinds as they are frowned upon by FFWCC, SJRWMD, and 99.9% of all hunters No layout blinds but a layout boat would be handy.

Gators are not much an issue once the water gets below 70 degrees their metabolism tends to slow down quite a bit and the urge to feed diminishes. It is always best to be aware and keep an open eye.

And an early :welcome: to Florida any idea what part of Florida you'll be in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info and the welcome. I'll be working out of Gainesville.

I have a sneakbox/layout boat (12'), the john boat is being sold. I have a 9.9 on the sneakbox. Will that work or should I look into putting a godevil or beavertail on it?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
A traditional sneak box is prohibited by FFWCC.

By traditional I mean one that affords the hunter means of concealment below the waters surface.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yep, but some folks do call the sinkbox a sneak box, kinda like scaup n bluebill lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ruddy,
I know that area with my eyes closed. pm me and I'll give you some tips that will save you a ton of time. Glad to help. I live in Georgia now. I still hunt Florida at least one week each season, you'll find plenty of birds to hunt, bring the mosquito repellent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts