Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have any of you shot any duck that notmally fly on the east and west coast. Cause my crew was hunting a few week ago and one of us shot an old squaw actually we shot three of them just seeing if there was anyone else out there who has shot any ocean ducks.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
In 37 years of hunting I have not even had an Eider or Old Squaw fly by me, but I do not hunt the NE 1/2 of MN either. I would think it is fairly rare to bag one in MN though. But this year I have heard more reports of seas duck in MN than the last 5 years combined. They had goofy weather up on Hudsons Bay this year-maybe that had something to do with it???

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply I was really amazed when we shot those ducks. Some of the guys in our crew didn't even know what they were but I don't blame them we were shooting puddlers and the occasionl diver a few weeks ago.

· Registered
18 Posts
People who hunt Pelican Lake in northern St. Louis county occasionally see these ducks as they fly from Hudson Bay probably to the Mississippi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.