Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if everybody had a normal year or if it was kinda bad for everybody else, I would say I seen allot less ducks this year then last, and somebody rented my hunting spot for a thousand bucks so now I'll have to pay if I want to go back, thanks. and they left there dekes out while they werent hunting, thanks again, northwest waterfoulers, or whoever you are who's daddy pays for you to go hunt all day. anyway's I just was wondering what kinda year every body else had, I'd say I killed about 60 -70, not allot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like you did better than most. I only got to go out about a dozen or so times and got ones and twos on most early hunts, but it seemed to pick up late in the season. Goose hunting was better than I thought.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I talked with game wardens Bellingham late season like december through january is the place to be on the waterfront. Umm but over all duck hunting has gone down all over because of poor habit up in canada and nesting grounds here in washington. STOP THE FARMERS FROM GROUNDING UP THE CORN STALKS. Geese are doing really good this year and last year so they say they should be doing good from now on. Hey guys AIM ONLY AT DRAKES save the hens if u do that we will have more ducks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it's gotten worse in the past couple years it's just been about the same bad scince 98 or 97 maybe it was 00 I don't remember but I remember before and it's not the same, I'm getting used to it though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Phillip,
E WA has been very slow so far. Several "hunting clubs" have been flooding standing corn fields. The ducks don't leave them. Bad deal for us poor folk. The usfw/wdfw bird counts have shown they have tied up half the birds in the north basin. Until we freeze they won't go anywhere. All I've been able to do recently is shoot divers on the Columbia. Had a sweet chance at some honkers but it was a tuesday. Anyhow, thats my report. I can't get back out until after the 1st of the year. I'm pretty sure things will pick up after things freeze.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts