Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most the duck season is about over if it isn't already. I'm curious to hear what everyone does for off season projects for their duck hunting?

Personally I have this thing about my own blind where it's never really camoed enough? I'll spend a lot of time adding more natural vegatation and whatnot. Heck I planted a couple vines around it 2 years ago and it's since grown all over it. It's basically 2 trees about 18 foot apart and I built a floor and half a front wall. From there I've built stools, shell and gear compartments and even an area for a stove/grill. It seats 4 very well with all the gear and yes....a dog door and a front plank for ol Sally.

One of these years I'd like to get into carving my own cork decoys, sounds like my kind of hobby.

I hope I'm not alone with my 365/year obsession, any others have projects?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We work on our duck boat all the time. You would be amazed at what you can pick up on ebay to outfit it with. Put a heck of a paint job on it last year. This year, it will be a blind. If anybody knows how to stablize a flatbottom 12ft jonboat let me know.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We work on our duck boat all the time. You would be amazed at what you can pick up on ebay to outfit it with. Put a heck of a paint job on it last year. This year, it will be a blind. If anybody knows how to stablize a flatbottom 12ft jonboat let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stabilizing can be made by buying a couple of the herters oarlock mounts for $3 each in cabelas and running conduit through them into the mud. I bought them but I have a wide bottom 54" jon and never seem to really need them. Hope this helps.

·
1,456 Posts
I have a few projects underway.I made several s/s spreader rigs and some swivel mounts for jerk cord anchors.The swivel mounts are pulleys attached to a revolving base with a few pounds of weight slung beneath.I'm also making my own portable ground blind that doubles as an equipment carrier,I'm using 1 inch steel conduit for the frame.I am always busy with the boats,thats what boats do to you I suppose. :) I have to get to the range more often now that the wife bought me a Ruger red label all weather s/s O/U shotgun. :D

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I would love to here what everyone thinks about my little arguement. My friends say its way too early to start making a blind, becuase it will just sit around out there and go bad, yet i think it will be alright throughout the summer... Also i really need something to do that has to do with hunting or ill go insane.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have a bunch of Wood duck and Mallard hen houses out. I put out another 8 Woodie boxes with cone shaped predator guards and 11 more Mallard hens out this year in addition to the over 30 I already had out…

·
Registered
5 Posts
we like to get together.. tell lies drink beer and spend time away from the women... so we have a "members only" meeting every month.. at a local bar of course.. other than that.. we dont do much other that dream

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.