Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey,
I am from Oklahoma. I love to hunt and fish. Let me know what you want to talk about. I have been looking for some Oklahomans on here myself. I'm looking forward to talking to you.[/b]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all, 30 yo South Centeral Duck hunter here,,,,,let me rephrase, Duck Addict.....I raise and train my own Labs... had two litters in May.
I hunt in sloughs and along river beds on Red River and Muddy Boggy, anyone know where Muddy Boggy is?lol). Would like to chat with others in my area about anything concerning waterfowling.

Am looking to do some hunting around Madill and Kingston area this year, if anyone knows and good holes give me a holler.

Shot my first Canadian this year and am hooked already, Normally all we see around here are mallards , woodies and widgeon... all make a fine dressing, lol.

Wayne

·
Registered
45 Posts
:help: Hey does anyone know of any public lakes or land that is any good in south central oklahoma. For duck or goose hunting? Preferably not far from Ardmore. I appreaciate the help. Thanx.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you might check and see if you can hunt scott king?
went fishing there early march and saw alot of ducks
flying around. My buddy and i are looking for a new place
to hunt ourselves cobb has gotten way to crowded.
GODD LUCK

·
Registered
696 Posts
my name is duncan lippert, im one of the moderators of this forum, and the moderator of the shotguns and the hunting gear forum, i hunt all over the state, i havent duck hunted for long, but when i killed that first gadwall, i was hooked for life, i got a bunch of flambeaus, 5 dozen to be exact, 3 dozen mallard, 1 dozen pintail, and 1 dozen teal, i never have hunted over them though, i have always pond jumped, hence the user name, i hunt geese too, i never have hunted over those decoys, ive always pass shot, but i have 150 windsocks and a few floaters, i shoot a remington 870 express supermagnum, and will probably always shoot it unless one day i buy a new one, but, shes workin pretty good for me right now, my main areas that i hunt are around the prague, stroud, shawnee area, and the hennessey, bison, and kingfisher areas, anybody come up these ways, send me a pm, ill give you my phone number, and ill show you to some good hunting, i know all the areas and have access to a lot of land

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi everyone!..I"m 42 yo from Tulsa,ok...Hunted ducks for 38 of those years...moved to Oklahoma in 1983. Lived in Arkansas from 1962-1983.
So now you know why I started Duck Hunting at age 4!..:) Anyway..Have not missed a year of ducks in all those years. I just love it!...Have Guided some in the past. Not any more. I use to hunt up around Nowata. I hunt private land now. Glad to be on here and see other okies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm Chris from Tulsa. Just found this site and looks as though I coulc become a regular here.

We hunt lakes, farm ponds, creeks, rivers and whatever else will hold ducks during the year. After the ducks have settled we wack our share of geese.

I've only been hunting for about 4 years now, but can say that I wouldn't want to do anything else. After killing my first mallard I was hooked. My first goal in duck hunting was to learn to run a duck call. After that first hunt, I knew that I wanted to be involved in the hunt and that I loved to hear the sound of that hen mallard and my goal was to imitate it to the best of my ability on a duck call. It seems as though it took forever, but one day it just clicked and I've been hooked on that and competition calling since.

Might meet some of you fellas in calling contest or at a hunting show one of these days.

Chris :salude:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, my name is Chad and I recently moved to OKC where I work and have just begun to start looking for some places to hunt. I have family in Enid, but only have access to a few ponds in that area. Is that a good place to hunt or should I try somewhere else. I have hunted for about 4 years and have a yellow lab that is about as excited as I am for hunting season. I am looking for any info on public places to hunt or if anyone has some land and needs a hunting partner and dog to retrieve.

I have researched some of the WMAs in the area and have some potential prospects I will be scouting out in the future, but I wanted to get some opinions on where to hunt and where not to hunt. I have heard ft. cobb is great but gets extremely crowed. I think I am going to try and get a blind at the drawings for bell cow and draper lakes and scout thunderbird and the deep fork WMA. Are any of these places good or no?

Well i will end here and hope some will reply or send me a private message. On another note I am a huge bass angler and have a triton that is not exactly the best duck boat if you know what I mean, so if anyone wants to fish let me know i need to meet some outdoorsmen. Well its great being here and hope to hear from some of you soon.
Chad

·
Registered
24 Posts
anyone know where atoka is alot of ducks there i go there every thanksgiving always see alot of ducks my aunt owns tons of land and tons of ponds sloughs and land on delaware and muddy boggy

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey wats up my names dalton im from gore this is only my second year duck hunting but i love it. anybody know anywhere good to hunt around her besides the refuge its crowded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey wats up my names dalton im from gore this is only my second year duck hunting but i love it. anybody know anywhere good to hunt around her besides the refuge its crowded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, my name is Eric and im from south central oklahoma. Been duck huntin since i was 16 and its grown to be my favorite game to hunt. Im open to any tips or suggestions on anything. Lookin forward to meetin all the okie hunters here and just maybe get to shoot some greenheads together. See yall later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
JUST AN OLD DUCK HUNTER HERE ANYONE ON FROM OKLAHOMA. HOWS YOUR SEASON BEEN GOING.ANY ONE INTERESTED IN A SURE FIRE WAY TO RIG YOUR DECOYS AND NEVER! HAVE A TANGLED LINE AGAIN JUST DROP ME A LINE AND I'LL PASS ON MY WAY OF DOING IT. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts