Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll preface this thread by saying I have used and owned several one-man boats including the Aquapod, Puddler, and various canoes / kayaks. I just purchased a used Phantom (by Otter Outdoors) for $250. This is now my #1 "go to" boat. It tracks extremely well and is surprisingly stable even though it has only a 32" beam. I am not really promoting this product (well maybe a little :smile: ), I am just anxious to use the boat in the field. Anybody else use a similar one-man style boat? At 55lbs this thing will get me to places I would never have even thought about going before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greenheader said:
How many pounds can the phantom boat haul, Is it low profile? I need a boat that is light and can haul about 2 doz dekes and that I can pull through the cattails.
Boat capacity is about 390lbs.....plenty for one person and a couple dozen decoys. Low profile....yes. It sits about 5-6" above the water.

ol' yeller said:
Sounds like you got yourself a nice boat!
Thanks. I finished the blind this weekend. Used a 20' piece of raffia grass mounted to plastic fence (a much better alternative to chicken wire). I added a clip on each end attached to the handles. It rolls up and folds down is seconds and takes about as long to attach to the boat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.