Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY WAS A DUCK HUNTING FIRST FOR ME. I GOT TO BE ONE OF 6 PEOPLE OUT OF 185 THAT DIDN'T GET DRAWN IN THE SWEAT LINE THIS MORNING AT KERN. I'LL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT A SLOW DAY AGAIN. :pissed:

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STALNS
WELL, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT.BUT I GUESS SOMEONES GOT TO TAKE THE BULLET AND IT WAS OUR TURN.BUT I DIGRESS, NOW THOSE DUCKS GOT ME PISSED OFF. DO YOU HEAR ME YOU DUCK BASTARDS! I'M COMING BACK NEXT WEEK AND HELL'S COMING WITH ME! NOW I FEEL BETTER. :yes:

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BULLET
TRUST ME I WANTED TO. BUT I ONLY HAD TIME TO GET A MORNING HUNT IN AND BY THE TIME I DROVE TO MENDOTA I WOULD HAVE ONLY HAD MAYBE AN HOUR OF HUNTING AFTER THE DRIVE AND PUTTING OUT MY DECOYS.DID YOU GET OUT?

· Registered
434 Posts
:toofunny: Boy I feel sorry for those ducks!! I may just have to give them a visit myself. :salude: My next resi's are for next Wed. but I don't think I will last. We'll have to see what the sweat line gods have in store for me maybe this Wed. or next Sat. Will keep you all posted :thumbsup:

· Registered
387 Posts
2GPS...Didn't get out this weekend. next weekend I'm picking up my pup from Marty at Rajun kennels, who's been working with him for a month in a "head start" puppy program. He's hunting well. Following week Honey-do's. I have a blind reserved 2 days at Kern for the closer. More than likely my 13 yr old labs, last hunt. Coming down to the nitty gritty

· Registered
387 Posts
2GPS I was thinking about it but he's been hunting alot of pigeons the last few weeks and the blinds are concrete sunken blinds on postage stamp islands you wade to. Very dificult for a pup to stay still on. I really think this will be my older dogs last hunt and want to concentrate on her for the over decade of fun she's given me. He'll get his

· Registered
387 Posts
She'll be working two guns, my son's and mine. My son is 15 and is now starting to beat me in sporting clays, but gets so damn excited, he hits about one in five ducks. Next year w/ a wild kid, and a enthusiastic, one year old dog, it should be pretty interesting. Being very careful not to break either one's spirit. 2GPS if you still have my number give me a call I might have an open blind on the closer near Kern, depending on if my son is scheduled to pitch for his HS baseball team or not. Coach has been letting him hunt when he's not scheduled in the rotation

· Registered
1,209 Posts
Went to Banos this weekend. Got skunked on Sat but got a few on Sunday. The weather was really warm campared to December. Sunday was great, rain and wind. Last nights traffic was murder, got caught in that mess near Templin Hwy. Bullet I know your pain with the baseball games. My son's 14 and travel ball is never ending. I try to get him to go with me all the time but too many fringing games. This year I told the coach he'll have to wait until Feb. It's been great but the end of the season is upon us.

· Registered
418 Posts
Hi all,

New member here. I hunt a club in the North Grasslands, about 20 N. of Los Banos. We are having a spectacular season. We are at 6.3 birds per hunter day for the season which is great considering that at least half the members here are over 70 and when they do hunt, they are sometimes a little behind 'em.

This morning, got 7 GW Teal and was back at my cabin by 7:15.

· Registered
11 Posts
I hunted san luis parking lot 2 on saturday with a number 6 reservation. We passed up a lot of teal early morning and ended up limiting on mallards, sprig, and cinnamon teal by 11:00. It was a great hunt. My dad stayed to hunt the same spot on sunday and came out with only 3 greenwing. It's amazing how fast it can turn on and off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.