Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come home from work yesterday sick. I walk down the hallway heading back to bed; I hear this buzzing sound walking down the hall. Mrs. 870 yells, "What's that sound and where is it coming from" I open the door and tell her "I'll find out". Mean while Max is walking right beside me this whole time. I start back down the hall and through the whole house and everywhere I went, there was this sound. I go down in the basement alone and no sound. I come up into the kitchen there is the Mrs., Max and the buzzing sound. I walk back to the hall and no buzzing it's moved, it's now getting weird. I head out to the garage and I find the Mrs., and Max and the sound, so I go back into the kitchen and no sound. By this time the sound has moved from the hallway to the garage. I start checking for broken water lines and electrical outlets and switches sniffing for smoke, I check the wood stove. I then get a stepladder and go up on the roof and check the vents and chimneys. Mean while the sound keeps popping up in different rooms. The only place I haven't checked was up in the attic, but I need an extension ladder to climb up in there (don't ask why, contractors) mine is over on the island at my camp. So I call my buddy at work and tell him to bring me up one, he tells the boss "I need a ladder", my boss says "he just when home sick, what's he need a ladder for?" Well he loads one up and I check the attic, no sound or smells. My buddy comes inside and can hear the sound and how it's moving throughout the house. He looks at me and says, "Man that's weird" I say in response "you think" This whole time Max is right by my side slapping the walls with his tail and getting under foot. Now Bigwater gets up and comes out to see what all the noise is about. Max seeing him spits out this three-inch toy the wife bought him. He looks at the toy laying on the floor and says something like "that toys buzzing" sure enough the sound was coming from this baby chick my wife bought for max at the feed store on Sat. It had gotten wet and was shoring out instead of peeping it was buzzing. It was small enough so everywhere we went Max just carried in his mouth unseen by us. That is no way to start off a sick day.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Thats terrible and hilarious all at the same time. :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.