Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
hmmm..tough one.

normally i would have said my RNT Short Barrel in Bois D'Arc, but i really got comfortable with the Sonderman 66 from DJ Illinois River calls this last season. i actually used that 66 exclusively this past season and never felt a need to change to any other call.

it's a coin toss, but i'll probably go back to the RNT next year.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My Tall Timber by Gardner calls. Loud or can be made fairly soft. Personal pref. is what this one's about.
:salude:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Old D2 Key Hole as seen in avatar. I only carry one call on my lanyard. I carry one back up of the same make in my little ditty bag. I never have time to switch calls and plus, I forget which one is which. I believe one call should do it all.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Depends on the year! Last 3 seasons it was a Winglock Delrin / Poly DR bored out (same call for meat contests). Before that was 2 season run with one of Greg's (Southern) Little Joels. Stuck with Jim's (Carlson) Volochoke for quite a few prior to those.
I do keep only one Mallard call on the lanyard at any one time so whatever it is it's gotta be versatile.
I'm liable to try new one's often but when I do I usually stick with it all season to give it a chance.
My son won't allow me to blow one of Joe Lares as I might embarrass Joe with the unique sounds I can get out af a call. LOL! (My son reps for him)
One call for ever and ever? Hmmm, Hmmm. Prolly, prolly, it would be.... Sorry. Can't committ. There's too many out there I still haven't tried. LOL!

Rel Atwood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.