Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing better than the first day(morning) of the duck hunt!!!!!!
When I was younger my father would wake up at 4:00 in the morning and make sure we had a full breakfast before we set out for the hunt.
We hunt on the snake river (Cobden Ontario Canada) that has a healthy amount of birds.
We are fortunate that we have the right to private land to gain entry to hunt this river. My father has been hunting there for over 45 years.
At 5:30 am 03/09/20 my cousin and I will continue the tradition.
Most people are not as lucky as we are!!!!!
So tonite I will go to sleep and dream about all the birds we will see in the morning.
It does not matter how many of those birds I shoot, its just the fact that I am out there and thinking of the years gone past will all the fond memories.
Andre

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea..its a great feeling and i cant get all those ducks off my mind on the first morning..I get excited about opening morning and all those bird coming in your hole..It's a great feeling and site seeing all them locking up and coming in over your decoys.. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its the feeling of nostalgia connecting with family members long since passed on, we look at the old family photographs showing the bags they achieved. We are following in their footsteps and owe to the next generation to preserve their legacy:salude:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have 4 1/2 months to go and i dream of opening morning everynight.
The best part is just the memories that are stuck in my head of all great hunts of years past. I'm new to this site and this is just what i needed. My wife knows now that i'm not the only obsessively weird waterfowler out there. Thinks guys for being there for me. :salude:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
98ramtough said:
Someone dug deep to find this post. 2003!
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Besides, why didnt he ever become a member if he loved duck hunting, and liked to talk about it.

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
donell67 said:
some people have priorities. the wrong ones. :toofunny:
:toofunny:

i have never hunted an opening morning for ducks.... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Thanks guys, I just calmed down my wife about hearing of next season, my dog is so pumped he's retrieving rear bumpers off of pickups as they drive by. My Ace hardware dealer is naming the paint department after me, my family is telling me to practice my duck calling way… out back. Now you have me thinking OPENING DAY thank guy's thanks a lot really! LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts