Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a few opinions on an adjustable shoke. I always used one with a mossberg 20ga when I was a kid for everything. I really liked to be able to field adjust it quick if I heard the dog moving quial while rabbit hunting.

Here is the link:
http://www.truglo.com/content/products/firearm/choke_tubes/titan_adjustable.asp

I was thinking about using this to repalce the accu-choke I have in a Mossberg 500 since I need new choke to duck hunt with hevi or steel. I would like to here some opinions first. Aslo, any one have any advice on if this would possibly be good or bad for patterns?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any opinons on an adjustable choke?

Don't know? Don't care? Give a brother something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have never used adjustable chokes, and usually shoot full chokes at ducks. If the choke is no more than thirty dollars give it a crack.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is $100 and made for steel and heavy shot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well if it is one hundred, it is entirely up to you. In most situations I can think of, it really is not hard to switch out chokes in the field. For example, If you start out over decoys, you can go with modified or improved. And then lets say after the first couple of flights it all becomes pass shooting, it would not take long to switch to a full or extra full. I can understand how upland hunting it make a difference, but i can not really make a connection to duck hunting. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I had the original C-Lecta Choke on my first gun - a Mossy 500. Was great for lead...and the choke tubes were not yet out.

I gotta tellya, I use a standard choke on all my guns with steel and Hevi...all are IC except on one piece it has a mod (although for all I know it is IC or C now after approx 800 or more shots in the last 7 years).....I am hitting what I shoot at, so why mess with something that isn't broken.

I do agree with the wolf....when duck hunting there really is not need from a time perspective that would require an instant change of choke....in fact, I thought full was the worst choke for steel anyhow.

For $100, I could get alot more gear that is better for YOU than spend it on a choke tube.....the manufacturer's tubes are only $18.....so even if you burn out a full tube with large steel shot or alot of Hevi....just replace it every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.