Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HOPE I KICK SOME DUCK ASS THIS WEEKEND. I PLAN ON TREATING THEM LIKE A BUNCH OF SOONERS!USC!USC!USC! :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEAH, THIS IS PRETTY BAD. NOW WE'RE GOING TO HEAR AUBURN CRY ABOUT NOT GETTING INTO THE BOWL. WE NEED A COLLEGE PLAYOFF SYSTEM TO SETTLE THE BULLSHI* THAT FOLLOWS STUFF LIKE THIS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TSTRONG
YEAH I HAVE. I WENT TO SAN JACINTO ON LAST SATURDAY BECAUSE I FIGURED THAT THE GRAPEVINE WOULD CLOSE. GOT A GOOSE EGG.I WILL BE GOING TO KERN THIS WEEKEND THOUGH. WHAT ABOUT YOURSELF?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TSTRONG
I GOT INTO SAN JACINTO AT 4-4:15 AND GOT IN THE SWEAT LINE. I THINK I DREW 5TH OR SO. I ENDED UP IN THE #6 BLIND IN THE WALKER POND AREA. THE BLIND WAS A CONCRETE 4'WIDE X 6'LONG X 4' DEEP PIT SUNK DOWN IN THE WATER ABOUT 6" FROM THE TOP. THERE WAS NO COVER WITHIN 10' OF IT. THE SURROUNDING BRUSH WASN'T BIG ENOUGH TO COVER THE TOP OF THE BLIND. I WASN'T VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I BROUGHT MY DOG WHICH ONLY ADDED TO THE FRUSTRATION BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DEEP FOR HIM TO JUMP OUT OF. BUT THE MAIN KILLER OF THE TRIP WAS THERE WERE NO BIRDS FLYING, I GOT MY SECOND GOOOSE EGG :thumbsdown: BUT I WASN'T ALONE I GUESS, FROM WHAT THE DFG GUY AT THE CHECK STATION SAID, THAT THERE WERE A LOT OF OTHERS WITH NO BIRDS TAKEN. BUT THOSE ARE THE BREAKS RIGHT? ANYWAY GOOD LUCK AT LOS BANOS. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DOING AT LOS BANOS THIS SEASON?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It's been preety good. Late in the day seems to be the best. I use to pack up around 12 or 1pm and head back. This is the 1st year with my own dog, I don't leave now until shooting time is over. Makes a big difference. Were there a lot of people at San Jacinto. The fact that it is so close is tempting. Being in a blind is better than a day at work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TSTRONG
THE FACT THAT SAN JACINTO IS ONLY 1HR AND 15 MIN AWAY,THEY HAVE GEESE FLY BY OCCASIONALLY AND THAT THEY HAVE CONCRETE PIT BLINDS IS NICE. THE BLINDS DON'T HAVE COVER SO BE PREPARED TO BRING YOUR OWN. BUT THE NUMBER OF BIRDS COMPARED TO KERN IS NOT EVEN CLOSE. JUST LOOK AT DFG'S COUNTS FOR THE WEEK.I TRIED STAYING UNTIL CLOSE THE FIRST TIME THERE AND JUST STOOD AROUND SEEING NOTHING. I NOW KNOW WHY I WAS THE ONLY IDIOT OUT THERE AFTER 12. BUT KERN IS GOOD FORE THE EVENING SHOOT!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Living in Kansas and being a huge Big 12 supporter I agree the BCS is a joke. Oklahoma wasn't has good as they looked this year. The Big 12 wasn't that great this year. KU should've beat Texas if not for a ref making a BS call that cost KU the game. The reason for the call: Kept Texas in the BCS bowl hunt meaning millions of dollars for Texas. Auburn was a much better team than Oklahoma. If they would've blown out Tenessee they could've moved up in the AP and then shared the National Championship. I wish they had a playoff system. Is it just me or do we see more and more flaws emerging with the BCS system every year?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i agree with ks. not only do we need a definate winner of each conference, we could have conferences play each other in a playoff like the nfl with a superbowl to determine the winner. no sharing the title, that is retarded. also, we should have 2 seasons. 1 for nfl and 1 for college. then the great football draught would be easier to bear. :salude:

·
Registered
27 Posts
no way is Auburn better than Oklahoma. Auburn lucky to beat VT. I agree we need some type of playoff system. Oklahoma just didn't get it done can't make those kinds of mistakes against a good football team. the big 12 is very tough conference. USC is the undisputed champs they played well. had Oklahoma played a clean game it would have been really close and they will win the big 12 south again next year BOOMER SOONER!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.