Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone ever hunts the ortonville area. I heard it can be great. Is there much for public land ? Please let me know. I have to choose beetween hunting there or near leech
thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ortonville can be great but you need to play the weather...the front taht just came thru 12-14-04 didnt seem to be enough to move anything in yet...alot of the public land/water is big....the other draw is Marsh Lake in the LQP WMA....weekends are akin to combat hunting...lots of competition...weekdays are much better

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just spent the whole day in ortinville from sun up to sun down and shot at two ducks. Yep I missed em both. Kinda disappointing when you have few opportunities and miss! I was going to leave around 2 but a front came through but it didnt bring anything with it. There are some ducks in the area. I saw mainly mallards on my way to and from but they were in little ponds within city limits. Large flocks of geese but not within 2 miles of where I can hunt. Oh well I'll just have to wait for the big canadian mallards I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.