Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
I have the stealth 12oo. I prefered it over the 2000 because of the two dry storage compartments front and rear vs only one on the 2000.
I have used it in bayou, flooded timber, sloughs, some open water (small lake around the edges), and in flooded fields. It has hauled me, a dog, another hunter and 4 dozen decoys along with shells and guns. Yes, that is overloading it a bit, but it was as stable as anyone could want a boat to be. In one spot I hunt, I back it into some sage grass along the edge, cover it in a large sheet of camo cloth, and then throw some of the local vegetation over it and use it as a layout blind. It has been great. Now I am waiting to use it crappie fishing.

· Registered
75 Posts
hey guys me and my dad were looking at both the otter 1200 and 2000 and i was wondering if any of you guys have experience with them. how suited are these boats for the small lakes/rivers we hunt. we are planning on using it mostly to get to our blinds, but i wouldn't mind being able to sneak in on ducks in the coves and on the rivers near me. for when i hunt alone. one thing is the lake we hunt isn't very big and there is two boat launchs so i'd be able to stick pretty close to shore to get to the blinds. i'm just wondering how safe/stable/and if they can be used to float in on ducks. thanks

p.s my dad was wondering if it's any good to fish out of.

· Registered
1,345 Posts
They are extremely stable. I have tested mine in shallow water early on, while the temps were still fairly warm, I stood on the gunnels and bounced and it would not flip over.

· Registered
17 Posts
I sold a 4 rivers layout boat and bought a stealth 2000. It was the smartest thing I have ever done. I can load the stealth by myself with no problem. It is very stable and capable of breaking thin ice with no issues. If you get the 2000 model the battery has its own compartment under the seat so that its not in the way, and leaking acid all over everything. If you think you may someday fish out of it the 2000 is the way to go.

· Registered
452 Posts
i really like my 2000. it has a dry storage on one end and one under the seat. it is for the battery but i just paddle. if you buy an extra seat you will have another dry storage. i went fishing yesterday in mine with my daughter. one thing is for sure it is stable. i recomend the 1200 and the 2000 to people who need a small boat. they are well built. even on windy days i can paddle it around pretty well. mabey because it is low to the water. the twin hull is pretty a pretty cool design.

· Registered
7 Posts
i dunno bout the 2000 but me and my dad have one of the 1200s. that's the most stable boat i've ever been in. I can stand up and dance and it won't tip. it will hold tons of gear plus two men and a dog. with two men it should be used more for transportation than hunting. but with just one man and a dog its great. great for fishing too. only problem is it's a little heavy. but other than that its the ultimate duck boat.

· Registered
378 Posts
I have bought a Stealth 1200 over 3 years ago, and have used it in lakes and saltwater.

Couldn't be happier. Very stable, very safe, and if you put an electric motor on it, you'll be cruising. My only complaint is that you have to do the camo painting yourself. Other than that, it's an awesome little boat.

· Registered
452 Posts
Triggerman do you have any pics that show how you camoed your boat? i would like to see them for ideas.

· Registered
452 Posts
has anyone bought the blind for 1200-2000?

· Registered
1,345 Posts
I have not, I really personally want a more low profile set up, more for laying out. I have been thinking about doing one like they offer at
http://www.momarsh.com/doorsystemblind.htm
It works very much like a final approach layout blind. I emailed them wanting info on it, but I guess since I do not have one of their boats, they did not feel the need to reply

· Registered
144 Posts
Ive hunted out of one before they are very sturdy but the only bad thing is that water would collect at the place were the paddle would come over it was enough to ruin a day of hunting for me anyways other than that a must buy :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.