Duck Hunting Forum banner

painting puddles into divers????

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  duckdog 
#1 ·
thinking ive buying a bunch of flambeau dekes at walmart. they have a low head and are weighted keel. they are black ducks, but was gonna paint them into divers. to get some numbers out there. they are only 21 bucks a dozen on clearance. or should i just stick with getting some more high quality dekes.

#5 ·
They would work just fine. By the time the ducks get close enough to notice them, well bang bang bang. You could buy some of GHG hotbuys, or Remingtons dekes for low prices. I forgot the GHG's but the Remingtons are 18 dollars a dozen at Bass Pro.

#6 ·
donell67 said:
yeah scratch that. they were 21 bucks for 6. unless i find a smokin deal. i think ill just keep getting the higher quality super mags a few at a time.
yea, screw that. as far as i am concerned, flambeau decoys are about the biggest heap of garbage you could find....although i would use them though if they were the only thing i had available :laughing:

#7 ·
If you are looking for cheap decoy's to paint up as diver's keep your eye's open at garage sale's, or auction's. You can get them cheap! This next summer I plan on selling all my duck decoy's on a garage sale, and buying new one's. It's the only way the wife will allow another three dozen into the garage, plus since my boy is hunting with me now I am running out of room in the boat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.