Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was wondering how the migration is up in the panhandle? Are there a lot of opportunities to hunt ducks/geese up there? Specifically around Clark Fork/Coeur d'Alene area... Just asking. I hunt big game up there, would love to move there, however, ducks/geese is definitely something I love about where I'm at right now and I don't want to give up huntin em. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
There are many hunting opportunities if you work hard at scouting and have a boat. Since we are not in the middle of the Pacific Flyway I would say that our harvests are spottier than they are down in CA. But it is less crowded up here if you are willing to get away "from town". Snow and ice-up can drastically reduce the amount of available spots as the season goes on. The hard-core are rewarded and the lightweights spend the rest of the season watching football on TV.

The walk-in opportunities tend to ice up after Thanksgiving so a boat is critical to going deep into the season. Your boat should be equipped to deal with low water, submerged weeds, logs and ice.

So there is a tradeoff, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I really appreciate the information! Generally, us California's don't get any love up in Idaho but I love and respect your state way more than my own! So yeah, advice/help is much appreciated! My whole family is looking at property and houses around sandpoint! Would love to move up there! I see trucks rolling around with duck decals on the back window, so I know there's some hardcore duck hunters... just didn't know exactly what it takes to hunt ducks up there! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.