Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build a permanent ground blind on a peninsula jutting into a lake. It will be large, roughly 20 feet long by six feet wide and five feet deep. The topography allows that I can dig it down into the ground 3 to 4 feet. I am planning on outfitting the blind with hosing to run propane from an outside tank to indivdual heaters at each location. Also, I am sketching a dog platform with door at one end of the blind to let the dog out of the top on retrieves. Does any one have any information on permanent blind construction, floor plans, websites, or suggestions of what would be successful or cool to include. Thanks a lot for your time.

Springfield1

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Whenever I built any pits, I always constructed them outside the hole and lowered the unit in with a backhoe. I used heavy plywood and they held up for quite a few seasons.

Your blind is my favorite 'style' since you can actually build the seat/bench right on the ground which will give you a low profile and you really only need to dig in where your feet are.

I never built plans, kinduv just built as I went along. I would suggest a permanent roof over the seating area. The shooting doors can either hinge down, but that seems to take a beating and it is alot of motion. Suggest instead to have a short roller (get a set of used garage door tracks and two sections of a door) which can go down in fron of the ground in front of the foot area. Only issue then is that there are no shelves or gun rests in front of the shooters. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts