Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard Petenwell is frequented by a fair Pintail population during the fall migration. Is it true? Does anyone have any info on this? If so have you been seeing any lately? When do they usually start leaving?

We have a guy in our small group whom would really like to get one to mount. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shot a few hens in the area not much for anything considerable to drakes that I have seen in the state for that matter...I would reccomend going west or Far south for a nice Drake Pin...Just my 2 centss... Good luck I am also looking for that Drake pin myself had 1 chance years ago and never fired a shot ...got buzzed and wouldnt work ... Hopefully u can get him on one... I wish there were bigger numbers in the state..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Going to hit Castle Rock in the morning and then Petenwell.. What can we expect to see tommorow? Locally on the river back waters not seeing many mallards, lots of geese but ducks are scarce.. Going to hit the West side of the Pete and East side of castle rock.. Tracking some new territory to save on the drive to the Mississippi..

·
Registered
11 Posts
No action on castle rock so we hit backwaters and saw a few mallards and geese.
I spotted about 60 mallards Thursday nite on a small local lake, go out there this morning and ice 1.5 inches and goodbye birds.. it just happens to fast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.