Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I love to hunt ringnecks. I grew up hunting them. We use to have a fair share around here. Now most everything here close is in subdivisions. I still manage a few but I travel north to Idaho for most of my pheasant hunts these days. I have two close friends that are English Setters that really make for an enjoyable hunt. No matter what breed you hunt you have to love the dog work on pheasants.

Bret

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Roosters ARE the best BANG for the buck...My in laws live outside of Onawa,IA. We may go up for Thankgiving this year and get a little huntin in. I like stalking those MONSTER bux along the edges of the cornfields as well. Y'all would have it made if it didnt get so DANG CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD. :yes: Y'all have a nice day! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I will agree we do have aton of pheasants here. But also remeber we do have ducks and geese to hunt. Depends on when you come you could hunt all day. So you should really give it a try. I would recomend to come some time in Nov. Most out of state hunters are gone by then and you can hunt from 10 untill sunset, and if you limit, you can then go hunt ducks and geese or go fishing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Already have my plane tickets booked flying into Sioux City, Iowa and driving into Nebraska to meet up with my NY crew who hunts opening week of pheasant season for the past 10 years. How's the population doing this year with all the hot weather. I thougth that might be a problem for the 2005 hatch.

7 guys last year hunting 6 days we killed 96 roosters! We missed a bunch too let me tell ya. But didn't get any ducks this year.

Funny story...

I was blocking on this drive about 1/4 mile from where the drivers where sitting in the tall grass. I hear something walking thru the brush in front of me, and out pops this big ass rooster about 5 feet away. He frooze and I damn near #%&* myself. I blinked and he cackled as he took off, I fired twice and never dropped a feather. Son of >@%$* brought a howl from the rest of my group! :pissed:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.