Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how you guys did on pintails last season. Down here in texas, hunting port mansfield, we had more pintails coming to our decoys then any other spieces.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Best year as far as numberes went. I shot them in MB when I was up there. I have never seen so many--about 30% of the ducks were pintails, the rest were Mallards which generally are 98% of the ducks I see up there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had a good year her in western Oregon, last coupl of weeks had to shoot real careful at first light ,there were plenty of pinnies ...........jmike

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had a good year her in western Oregon, last coupl of weeks had to shoot real careful at first light ,there were plenty of pinnies ...........jmike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pintails all over us before the season, then nothing within shooting range along Galveston Bay when the season opened. Gun Shy and call smart to say the least... But wouldn't you be too if you had been shot at my every Barnie from Canada to the Texas Coast? LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did no good on Sprigs in North Texas. Went down to Port O'Connor for the yearly Gulf Coast hunt and just hammered em. Well, at least the one a day we were allowed. But sure the heck on the coast in the greatest state of all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
since we had a short season due to regs and the limit was only one daily and two in posession...i'd say it was a dang slow year...come to think of it, i didn't even see that many...

·
Registered
52 Posts
:help: we hardly ever see any at west sandy bottom. There are a few taken at reelfoot lake but not many. I personally have never shot one but, would like too !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Texan, I also hunt out of Port Mansfield and noticed that with all the rain fall and inland flooding that a lot of the puddle ducks were inland last year. But I have also noticed that a lot of pintail have been hanging out at the coast for the last three or four years. Last couple seasons when I go to the bay I know I will get my pintail and my redheads, and pray I can fill in the rest with wigeon or teal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts