Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall on a hunting show a while back seeing guys shooting ducks and geese with Shotguns that had pistol grips. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried it or what you think about it. I know most sporting clays guns have palm swells that help with proper placement seems to me that a pistol grip may give you a little extra gun control.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
IMO: to each their own. Some say that there may be a tendency to "aim" a shotgun with a pistol grip instead of pointing it. Others do claim that there is an added bit of control with the pistol grip AND they somehow can reduce flinching.

I've never shot one at moving targets but have some hunting buddies that do.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
could see how a pistol grip stock may be nice for operating a pump gun perhaps. your frame of reference looking down the barrel may shift less as you are shucking in a new shell (i.e. more control of site picture)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Put one on my SBE II for turkey season. However tomorrow I'm going crow hunting, so I'll try out some wingshooting with it on.

BPShunter

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got 9 crows this morning in the pouring rain. Pistol grip didn't hurt my shooting. Only hung the gun up once when shouldering it. I think I'll change the stock back out after turkey season.

BPShunter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.