Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to hunting and was curious about this: a hunting spot near me has installed blinds that are basically concrete barrels about 5' deep (the bottom couple of inches are putrid water). Do any of you hunt out of this type of blind, and if so, do you spend the entire day standing, or is there a good way to be able to sit and still see out?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have never hunted out of a blind like that. I have seen them and thought they looked very uncomfortable. I can 't imagine how quickly the concrete would wick heat form you if you are touching it. And to your point spending time stooped over in a 5 foot hole for a 6'2" guy doesn't make it sound any more attractive. And I wouldn't think too much about the putrid water at the bottom I am sure all the recycled coffee form previous hunters would have killed most things. :eek:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have seen them on some hunting videos. THey don't look too comfortable but I do think you would be able to hide very well. I also think it would be alot cheaper than buying a pit. Seems like a good idea for someone who can't afford to get a pit. I'd rather have the little holes in the ground due to the fact the they are probably cheaper and I could have more of them so I could go to different spots, instead of blowing all my money on 1 pit. Just my opinion :salude:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.