Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Try Lake Lanier for goose hunting, Lake Oconee, Clarks Hill. had lots of luck in these places. ducks I tend to stay in the rivers or private ponds. Good luck Hawk. If you want more details on these lakes just ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lake lanier has several closed campgrounds you can park and walk a half mile to. Buy a Lake map at any WalMart or sporting goods store and go on line to the ga dnr site for regs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know about oconee. And its the campground / picnic area that are closed. Check the DNR website for listings and you can also download a Lake lanier map to spot the sites.

Hunting can be hit or miss. In the first split opening weekend was good and the next weekend I saw only two ducks flying and no geese.

·
Registered
29 Posts
wbduckhunter said:
where at oconee and lanier and clark hill, what if u have no boat, u have waders only
you don't have to have a boat to kill at oconee. It might not be as good as some other spots but you can kill'em. try looking on a lake map of oconee. look for the us foresty land that backs up to the lake and look at the 2 large swamps off of hwy. 15 . Also the apl. river @ 15. 1 more spot and my little secret pocket when I did not have a boat is old county rd. 1234 . hope that helps (P.S. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BOAT GET A FLOAT TUBE. JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!!!!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
wbduckhunter said:
can u give better direction so i can find it in the dark if the direction are good well sunday is looking good
go hwy 15 south out of athens cross over the river . there will be signs for a boat ramp on the left. park at the boat ramp and there are trails going away from hwy 15. that leads to the big swamp. there will be a creek that dumps into the river just follow it until you it the beaver damn. good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
is this trail a good one or easy to find and how far do i have to go in to the swamp it's looking like sunday i'm heading there, i think i need to ask my wife.

that boat ramp do u know what the name of it is.

thank a lot

·
Registered
41 Posts
is this trail a good one or easy to find and how far do i have to go in to the swamp it's looking like sunday i'm heading there, i think i need to ask my wife.

that boat ramp do u know what the name of it is.

thank a lot

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a boat and I went out and scouted Lake Lanier today. I didn't see too many geese. Maybe about 15 in a public Park. I didn't see any ducks.

I did see one other bird that was plentiful. It had a black head and brown back. Can anyone tell me where some of the hot spots on Lake Lanier are. Also what kind of bird do you guys think I saw that had a black head and brown back. There were about 30 of them and they were diving for fish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jameszzz said:
I have a boat and I went out and scouted Lake Lanier today. I didn't see too many geese. Maybe about 15 in a public Park. I didn't see any ducks.

I did see one other bird that was plentiful. It had a black head and brown back. Can anyone tell me where some of the hot spots on Lake Lanier are. Also what kind of bird do you guys think I saw that had a black head and brown back. There were about 30 of them and they were diving for fish.
If it had along neck it was a comarant. don't shot them they are protected for some stupid reason.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Got a fellow at the RV park on Seminole this past weekend to take me to town to get gas (across the lake w/ no gas in boat could get ugly)..he told me that "them there water turkeys ain't half bad t'eat in a pinch"...uggghhhh..guarenteed me it wasn't dry. I'll stick with the ducks thank you though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.