Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to Lubbock with plans to duck and goose hunt all the time this season. That is a primary reason why I am moving there! I will be 20 years old and am taking some time off college (I go to Moody Bible Institute in Chicago) to hunt and let my mind clear a bit. I need to get out of the city! Texas is calling me (I lived there for about 15 years). I need some places to hunt though. I'd love to tag along with any of you law abiding hunters in the panhandle area...or just about anywhere in the state. I will be working just enough to pay for my rent and gas etc. so I will be pretty mobile. I will also be in the Dallas area pretty often. I used to hunt some on Lake Lavon...but I still don't have a boat.

Thanks for the help! If I find some good stuff in Lubbock I might be able to exchange a hunt too...it's too early to tell though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well;

I went to Texas Tech and hunted that area for many years, but that was quite some time ago. I remember having three seperate playas just outside of Shallowater TX. It was some of the best duck hunting I ever had. The ducks are there, you just have to find them. How to find a place to hunt?

What I did was about a month before the season I would take off and drive, I would drive all the CR roads and look for playas (ponds). Once I found one I would get in touch with the land owner and ask if I could hunt his place, nine out of ten times they said yes and it was free, I only paid once. I think your best bet is to get out and drive the area about a month before the season starts. I would check out the Shallowater area, abernathy,new deal, and west towards Crosbyton. The best areas were on the Northeast to southeast side of Lubbock. I wish I could tell you the exact spots, but I have forgotten the roads. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.