Duck Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i got a friend who has 3 ponds and there are really good and we shot alot of ducks off of them one time we shot 22 mallards with 2 ppl 3 shots a peice it was amasing. the trick of it is is to wait till they open up there wings to fly and just hose em but be careful and dont get caught. good luck this season

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have never heard of pond jumps. Fill me in. Are there any in MN in the central areas or nearby? Thanks!!

G

·
pond jumping is simple and easy and it is more fun with it is illegal. al u do it walk up on a pond with alot of ducks or geese on it and make sure they dont see ya the best way is to walk up behind the pond damn and walk over the top of it and as soon as they start to open there wings u start shooting and u will be very surpirsed if there are 200-300 ducks sitting right behind the damn and u have 30 ducks on the water with ony shooting 3 times

G

·
I agree with you Curly - head west RedLeg - why even joke about stuff like that - keep this site straight forward!

G

·
first off were is it illegal at and why. I'm in washinton and there is no laws against it here .I'm not a big fan of it myself but I do it once in a while. assuming were talking about jump shooting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am 15 I started out jumping some ponds that I had on my land. I had a lot of sucess at it. But it has no comparison to the feeling of dead ducks on the water in your decoys that you called in. You can kill ducks faster jumping ponds but it isn't near as fun or rewarding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
its not illegal to pond jump what there sayin is illegal is killen over your limit of ducks and geese. redlegs you are a poor excuse for a hunter people like you peta love cuz it gives them ammuntion against us honest hunters.and maybe just maybe you are not a hunter but a antihunter that just found this site and is tryin to stir things up either way in my opinion i hope someday you get caught and your hunting rights are taken away from you for life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went hunting for duck for the first time this year by jumpin ponds but its all I know to do. I have a great respect for the rules of the hunt and I wouldn't think of shootin over my limit. It may be more rewarding to hunt behind a blind with calls and decoys but I don't exactly have the time perfect that. I hope to someday but I'm still only 14 and I have plenty of time to work on it.
Puddle hopin isn't unsportsman like. Most the time I don't know if there are ducks on the ponds that day or not. I normally have to keep from being seen just to get close enough to find out. It's being able to get outdoors crawl over a dam and feel the adrenelin when that big flock of mallards spook up and take off. Its a little harsh to say there is no sport or challenge to it. I'm sure there are more hunters besides myself that use the same method. I'm not agreeing with RedLeg, what he did is unsportman like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everyone enjoys a good jump shoot, don't let them tell you that they don't. What no one enjoys is the idiot that comes home with the thirty ducks that can be "on the water with only shooting three times".

I do hope that redleggs is only yanking everbody's chains, if not you should never ever tell that story. Most everybody has been guilty at one time or another, but to do these things once you are into your adult years and then bring them to the table as though it were some type of medal to be able to "sneek" up on a flock of ducks and then senselessly slaughter huge numbers of them is fool hearted.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Sorry to bring down the mood of this forum, but redlegged, you are the reason some people hate hunting. Why would you shoot 30 ducks in one hunt, actually, thats not even a hunt. Your just doing it to kill. i hope you get caught and never hunt again. Im 18, and im smarter than that

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The bragging of or the use of illegal acyivities being posted up here will not be tolerated here at DHC. Repeated infractions will get you banned.

There were some valid points made about the legimate practice of jump shooting ponds which is OK, so the thread will not be deleted, but it is being locked down and no more posts may be made on this thread as a result of the illegal activities that were posted up last fall. :thumbsdown:

We encourage all hunters to abide the Federal and their State laws while hunting and to turn in poachers/law breakers to the proper authorities whenever you see such offenses. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.