Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys.. I've been hunting ducks and geese a good while now and now I'm dating a girl from the Severna Park area and I'm looking to move there with her sometime in the next year or so. I currently live on the Eastern Shore if Virginia. How hard is it going to be finding new spots to hunt over there? What do I have to look forward to? Field hunting? Blinds? Layout boat? I just want to have a heads up on what I'm getting myself into. Any information would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
you have alot to look forward to down here man. finding land to hunt can be a problem unless you have a boat and want to register some shoreline. i have never seen so many geese down here like i have this year. We also have had alot of ducks and it was a great year to waterfowl. we mostly use pits laydowns or blinds in the edge of a hedgerow when were in fields, but there is nothing better than the goose pit. For a water spot try to find a good freshwater pond or nice spot tucked up in a cove off the miles river(lots of ducks and geese everywhere here). best huntingspots on the easternshore are in st. michaels, tighlman,trappe,and if you get a good snow your in luck. any place along the miles or choptank river and you should be set.

Nick

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your best bet........make her move down with you. I made the mistake of chasing a girl to this liberal riden state 8 years ago and I have been trying to get out ever since. :thumbsdown:

On the upside the waterfowl hunting is good here if you can find some spots. :biggrin:

·
3,310 Posts
Here is many of the Public land areas.
http://www.madduckoutdoors.com/public_hunting.htm#Maryland

If you got a boat you can apply for the blind lottery for the bay blind sites in August, I think. Try to get in with acrew if you do that. The more guys in the crew the more and better spots to hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.