Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After watching this AGAIN, does the kid say "got him right in the f*****g neck? It sure looks like it and it sounds edited to me.
:eek:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
My personal opinion is, so what is the big deal? The kid got right up and was not hurt and the kid was geniunely enthused to be there shooting Doves. I've seen kids falling all the time when playing, heck watch an 8 year old play football and see what happens.
I mentioned yesterday on another topic of how important it is to get kids out hunting EARLY in life, meaning hunting before age 12. If he was my son, I'd have set him up with a .410, and if he liked shooting, I would continue to support him in his passion. I can not tell if that is a 20 or a 12 ga, but it is too much for the kid, thus a .410 would be a better choice. But heck I know of several kids that started with a 20 ga when they were 8, so not a big deal IMO as long as they are properly supervised by an adult for safety reasons and the kid is enjoying himself.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
That's a tough boy!! It does look like he might have said Bleep but it was either edited out or he might have just as a momentary stubble like kids do when talking

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't bashing his "enthusiasm" of the sport. I was commenting on the pure stupidty of his "father". That high load could of really hurt him. Broken jaw, dislocated shoulder, bruised sternum. Not to mention falling and possibly, with the right gun, killing someone near by, not to mention himself! If anyone that posted on this site saw an "adult" shoot like that and handle the firearm like that, I would hope you would have the commen sense not to go back afield with them. If I took my kid with this guy and his kid, it would of been the last!
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just went to the site AGAIN, try reading the comments part of the page. Holy shnikees! We're in trouble people! The anti's and such are having a field day with this one! They're even commenting on the father making his kid "squeel like a pig" like what "all" us ******** do to our kids! It's crap like this that gets filmed and THEN the person that filmed it sends it in to be seen by the masses! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
:pissed:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think that kid did have some cuss words to say that they bleeped. But gsp, i think he only shot once, and they replied it again, it might have been two shoots but it does look like the same thing.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I think that it is an insult to the hunting / Shooting sports people for someone to post some thing of this nature. It shows a morronic mentality, frist of all the kid shooting a gun which defenetly does not fit him and the load is way more than he can handle. Defenetly no concern for safety was shown for the child or anyone else for that matter as the kid did not have complete control of the firearm. This should be a lesson to all on what not to do when teaching a child to hunt. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i am with greg. this is a prime example of why us hunters/outdoorsmen have a bad name. unforuntately, this is all to common in the south and that is exactly where this putz is from. you can tell by the accent. i overheard a guy the other day talking about his 7 year shooting his 30 .06 better than he could. surely he had to be F.O.S. but still, just the thought of that idiot contributing to the gene pool. i just looked at my wife and we both laughed....what a shame.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
stupid...stupid..stupid. kid or no kid. curse word or not. If your going to handle a gun of any kind, you handle it correctly.

the stupid part was for the adult filming the shooting.

more bad names for hunters.

here we are peta, liberals were bendin over the barrel come get it while its hott.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeff Foxworthy said it best. People here him talk (his accent from the south) and they automatically subtract 30 IQ points. It's idiots like this that make me defend my way of life EVERY time I visit my wifes family in Los Angelas and Manhatten New York.
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Stupidity has no limits, that man is an embarassment to all hunters and shooters. I'm glad no one was hurt by that boy dropping that gun. In So Cal we had 2 accidental gun fatalities in the field in January. It's not a game when a gun is loaded and in your possesion. Sorry only goes so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.