Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just got one about three weeks ago from Cabelas. I would highly recommend them as a good call for the money. They are very loud. Relatively easy to blow, but not too easy. I really love it and my only comlaint is not being able to get the same pitch out of it very time when I start off. I guess what I am trying to say is that I can't always get the sound i want on the first note, and this will come with practice. Overall, I would recommend them. For $24 they cannot be beat. They also look sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got one and didnt think it was all that great. Takes to much air to blow,and i didnt like how it sounds hollow at the end,and couldnt do a long serious of double clucks. If you want a good call that wouldnt break the bank get a Tim Grounds Half Breed. You'll be glad you did. Just my 0.2.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I got one near the end of last season. It is my first short read and I have been working with it. Getting better as time goes. I like it better than the flute call now that I am getting the hang of it. I think it sounds good. I don't have much to compare it to. I did get a used Tim Grounds super mag and I don't like that one at all. I think it may need to go back to Tim for a tune as I have heard they are good calls. I got a copy of the Honker Talk video and that was a big help. So far I can make all the sounds, just not all that fast yet. The call is working out for me as one to get started with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try the Canada Hammer 2 from Buck Gardner Calls it is a real easy blowing short reed. But if you have never blown a short reed i would reccommend Honker Talk by Sean Stahl. :salude:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.