Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this on the Cabela's Trophy Properties today. Brown's Bay Duck Club $135,000 in Virginia. Looking for 8 other equal partner investors for this (already have 2 myself and a buddy). Before purchased. Would like to see it with other interested serious waterfowlers. Please feel free to PM me for a get together to visit property. ASAP
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can describe it for you since I hunt that area fairly regularly. I would say it is the low ground island across from some my families place. That is surrounded by some serious shallow water/mudflats at low tide I have trouble getting around in in a canoe.

Not sure why you would want to come in and mess up my favorite merganser hole by posting it up by building blinds that ussually don't last very long in that area either by natural or other cause. Wind and tides in that area of the York have to be perfect or you will be setting on or surrounded by mud/sand. Mostly mergansers and buffleheads and alot of gulls and cormorants. Personnally I prefer what is considered the lesser divers. Still trying to bag a prime bull cock red breasted merganser/hairhead/pheasant. Not sure what peoples problem is about eating a duck that tastes a little fishy obviously they don't like to eat fish.
'
I would suggest investing 35.oo in a floating blind liscense instead of thousands in a fical piece of land that gets smaller each year and I have been running around that area since I could crawl.
Not interested in being a partner either already have a great piece of property in the area that won't wash away and I can and will continue to hunt my old spots as will all the other locals regardless of whether there are posted signs or blinds.
You have to remember alot of the locals hunt and they will be there every day where you will only be there part of the time.

Not really trying to discourage you but you should investigate it very carefully before you take the leap. Seems like alot of money for 22 scrubby pine trees surrounded by a mud flat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts