Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The area around Squaw creek is mostly private, so you either need to 1. know someone 2. get into a club, or 3. you can go to Bob Brown or Nodaway for their daily draws. The hunting can be AWESOME in that area. I've hunted Duck & goose @ friends club there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squaw creek is located near the town of Holt, MO in Clinton County. That is near Kearney, MO... Pretty close to the intersections of I-35 and 92 hwy. On the north side of Kansas City. I have a buddy that says it's pretty good although I've never hunted it personally.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Squaw Creek is a wild life refuge so theres no hunting there but Bob Brown is really really close to it and there you can draw in. Although it is hard to get in there there are not to many spots available. But if you do get in you are probably going to get your limit no matter when you get in. If you ever get the chance to go there I would highly reccomend you do so. I got to go there one time last year and we limited out in 15 mins for mallards and spent the next 30 mins trying to pick out our two odd ducks. I asked the guy I went with who has gone there alot if the hunting was always like this and he said ya its like that almost all season every season.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Squaw Creek is by Mound City Mo. not Holt Mo. on the MuddyMo river.
I-29 Highway just south of where Mo. Ks and Neb. meet. I think that might be Holt county. all the hunting around there is private land, mostly high dollar clubs.

Bob Brown as mentioned is close and also on the river. (and very good)
Nodaway Vally is a new wildlife area in the general area of Squaw.

Gsp if you want to give it a try let me know I plan on hunting up there a few times this upcoming season. Don't overlook Grand Pass it's about 2 1/2 to 3 hours closer for you and they had 120,000 ducks at the end of the season last year.

See ya in the Poor mans line
Frank

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are ever looking for a great place in the middle zone to hunt, thats farther down south in missouri it would be otter slough, in dexter. I have been there only 5 times this year and have limited out every time. I'm waiting for the south zone to come in so I can hunt my farm and the river.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My names Cory Hockey. Im a senior from waterloo Iowa. I snow goose hunt squaw creek in the spring. Im writing to you guys because i have a similar question. The populations and waterfowl hunting in iowa dont get close to Missouri's. Im applying for north central missouri college this spring. The only public hunting we have is just to beat everyone to the marshes and put in. Is there many good marshes that i can just put in or is Missouri's duck and goose hunting all raffles and drawings? Never done either and it sounds complicated. Can anyone let me know what some good public marshes are, and im not opposed to joining a good duck club to hunt either.

Anything would help,
Thanks guys

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah I dont blame you one bit for wanting the name of a public marsh where you can shoot ducks. The only problem is there arent many around and if someone posted it on the internet then it would get swarmed. Do you see how devastating your question could be on a public marsh if someone were actually stupid enough to post it on the WWW?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.