Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a quackhead on trade for a winglock wood/poly and am wondering about the range of this call.What are your opinions of the quackhead??

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
IMO the winglock calls are awesome. Rick is second to none on service. The quackhead IMHO is the best widely manufactured poly call on the market. You will love the quackhead, it has forced call makers to build the same great sound out of cheaper poly calls as the expensive acrylics.

Mike

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. The Winglock just wasn't working out, it don't get loud enough for my liking and doesn't like the cold.To bad, it sounded real good,when it didn't lock up due to condensation. I'll see if the Quackhead does any better....if not, it'll also be down the road. Thought I'd give it a try as it was the only call that was offered in trade that remotely sounds like a real duck
:yes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Quackhead (single reed) and it is easy to blow, but locks up big time. My wing lock double reed is awesome! I wouldnt trade it for any other call.

Bozeman

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Mine locks up a lot also, just had it about 3 wks now. maybe i just spit to much, don't relly know. But am starting to think that if it is going to lock up on me when i'm in my pick-up and the temp is 75 deg. Whats going to happen in the blind when it is 30.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
How often do you take it apart and clean it out? I've only done it twice...once because it was absolutely necessary. It locked up like yours. Since I've taken the reeds out and cleaned it it blows great yet again. I think all your gear from you guns to your call have to be clean to work best. clean it before you head out to the field/pond and you should be set.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I take it appart after every use, everyday or so i slide a dollar bill between the reed and the sound board. I have taken the cork and the reed out once for a cleaning. after this week i will change out the cork.

Question. when they say on to change your cork every two weeks if you blow everyday, do they also mean to change the read also?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i blow mine all of the time and haven't had the first problem with it locking unless i am trying a ridiculous high-ball. i am a pretty big spitter too. it surprises me to see some of y'alls responses about this call. never a problem with mine and i love the sounds it makes... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been playing around with it for awhile now and really like the tone and range of this call. Great highballs all the way down to really good feed chatter. So far, so good....no lock ups yet, but it's still warm outside and my old Winglock didn't start acting up until it got fairly cool.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
i really like the call also. I get good sound and the best feed chatter i have ever gotten. I think that i need to try the rain x on the reed to help the lock up problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.