Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently bought a new nova and love the way it shoots, but I got a few questions. First off I've heard some guys talk about the recoil reducer for the nova. I was wondering were I could find one and about what price did you pay for it. Second when I load my nova I put one in the chamber and pump it closed then load the other two in the bottom slide but that slide stays down. Is it's suppose to stay down because I've own other guns were after loading that slide flips back into place. By slide I mean the thing at the bottom of the action that you slide the shells in. I guess you could call it a guard. sorry this isn't a real good explanation. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Check e-bay for the mercury recoil reducer....around $70. Be sure you get the bracket as well. They also have thicker butt pads available. Your slider will go back into place if ya slide your pump about half way open, to where you can see the shell in the chamber, then close it again. That confused me as well... Check out their website...might get a recoil reducer staight from them, but, ive seen em on e-bay without the bracket included. :thumbsup: Y'all have a nice day!

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
my "guard" does the same thing. though as soon as i release the pump and start to slide it back it releases and snaps back into place.

with 40+ days of hunting this past season and well over 3 cases of shells through it..i never had it cause a problem. just a nuisance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.