Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the obvious species what else can be hunted in ontario, birds that is. Are doves legal to hunt? how about the black birds the cow birds that fly in flocks around farms? back home we hunted them and they are very tasty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Apart from the the reg. ducks and geese. You can get some good crow hunting in the off season.

Stephen
Ontairo Can.

·
Registered
114 Posts
where are all the species listed?

I'd like to know about piegons and other birds

I know doves are not allowed but where is that listed and where does it say piegons are allowed.

Also yes crows are allowed but that states it in the regs.

I've also read that chukars are allowed 365 days a year because they aren't in the regs but where is that listed as well

for ontario is my question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No doves in Ontario,crows and pigeons are open all year with no limit and the black birds are mostly open but make sure their not considered song birds or else you'll get in trouble.Also no seagulls or cormorants no matter how bad you want to shoot them.

Wild Wings

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wild Wings said:
No doves in Ontario,crows and pigeons are open all year with no limit and the black birds are mostly open but make sure their not considered song birds or else you'll get in trouble.Also no seagulls or cormorants no matter how bad you want to shoot them.

Wild Wings
Hey , where did you find all that info about crows and peigons and what is and isn't in season for ontario??? its not in the normal MNR regs so I was curious where I am missing all this info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts