Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here within the next month, I'm going to be getting a gun for my birthday and was wondering what you guys thought of these guns. I hunt everything there is to hunt in oklahoma, and am pretty much equipped gun wise. Now its just a gun that I would like to have, I need a gun to replace my 870 supermagnum as I am converting it to a full out turkey gun. 3 1/2 capabilities are not a must. The most I'll be able to spend will be 650 if even that. So far, I'm looking at the stoeger line of shotguns, I have heard good things about the 2000, what do you guys think of the condor, I held one in a store and it fit pretty good. Also, I was looking at the stoeger uplander supreme, which is their sxs. I need a gun with a single trigger. I've been hearing from a lot of people that stoegers quality is on the rise. I was also looking at the winchester super x 2 in a matte finish, I really like the feel of this gun especially with the dura-touch finish on the stock. I was going to buy the baikal mp153, but they are scarce around here. Some one reccomended a verona to me, a verona O/U actually. Anyone have any reccomendations, I know it's a question that covers a broad area, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i've got a stoeger condor supreme 20ga with 28" barrels. i'll be shooting it for the first time this coming sunday on a sporting clays course.

i'll let ya know what i think about it then.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i like the idea of the SX2, but thats what i would buy. i have a sxs and i don't have an auto so for me it is an easy choice.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The X2 and MP153 are both good guns,can't go wrong with either of them. The Daly is not a good 12 guage, but their lighter guns seem to hold up O.K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.