Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What topics are off-liimits?

If someone is habitually attacked, do they have the right to respond?

Is it permissible to point out people or organizations that one thinks are doing good work?

Tom Phillips*

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Read the terms and conditions:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/terms.php

Those topics are completely fine, and most are. You or anyone else rarely post topics that are off limits. It's the subsequent post that creates problems. Member Vs. member post, Mass personal attacks, is just a few examples, among other problems. It's these types of post that are frowned upon, the seems to be worthless and inevitably cause deterioration of the forums, such as members not returning again, fear of posting because he/she believe that they may become under attack or personal questing. I and thousands of other members joined because this was a peaceful place where we all can talk about our passion, we are just trying to keep it this way.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Tom Phillips* said:

Is it permissible to point out people or organizations that one thinks are doing good work?

Tom Phillips*
Tom, go ahead and reread the DHC terms and conditions again.
Its always a good idea to "refresh" yourself with the site rules.
The T&C is at the bottom of every page. That makes it pretty easy to find. :thumbsup:

1. DHC and its moderators always have the right to decide what topics are inappropriate. If we feel that a topic will bring no good to the forum or just stir up too much unnecessary crap, then it will be removed or locked. Controversy and debate are healthy, as long as it remains civil. For this we refer to "history" to help us decide what will work and what wont.

2. If someone is "attacked" or "flamed" it is the job of the moderators to remove such attacks and deal with the attackers.
To defend ones self in an attack is a natural and expected reaction.
If it turns into a pissing match then we will deal with it and put a stop to it.

3. Is it permissible to point out people or organizations that one thinks are doing good work?

Tom, your a very intelligent guy. I don't think this even needs a response. But just for the heck of it.........
As long as we are not spamming business's that are not sponsors
of DHC (for profit business's) then point out all you want.
Organizations such as DU, Delta, CWA, NRA (to name a few) are considered "non profit" and we welcome information that our members might want to know about.

Tom,
You are valuable member of our forum, We welcome your thoughts and opinions. You have shared some very good information with our members, and we hope that you would continue to do so.
I would just caution you on your approach, please try and remember that not everyone is a "gay, anti gun, pot smokin liberal hippy from San Fransisco"
:rofl: :rofl:
you know I'm kidding :thumbsup:

Dan

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greenster said:
Read the terms and conditions:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/terms.php

Those topics are completely fine, and most are. You or anyone else rarely post topics that are off limits.

Please point out to me any instance where I have posted an off-limit topic.

It's the subsequent post that creates problems. Member Vs. member post, Mass personal attacks, is just a few examples, among other problems. It's these types of post that are frowned upon, the seems to be worthless and inevitably cause deterioration of the forums, such as members not returning again, fear of posting because he/she believe that they may become under attack or personal questing. I and thousands of other members joined because this was a peaceful place where we all can talk about our passion, we are just trying to keep it this way.

I have read the terms and conditions. I believe I follow them in every way. If not, please point it out to me. You or anyone else can do it here or by PM. I would rather have it on the open forum so that others might learn too.

My name is often brought up, often in disparaging comments. Do I have the right to respond? A couple of days ago I found my name disparaged and (in one case) complimented. These comments are in different threads, and even on different forums. So I posted a thread to encourage others to put their thoughts on me there, so that we could clear the rest of the threads from that stuff. People say they don't like it, well neither do I. It's pointless.

So that thread is locked with this comment:

* This forum system is not a venue for personal or private vendetta's. Keep your personal business as just that - personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.

TOM:

Anymore of this crap will not be tolerated.

That goes for anyone else who may try to manifest an altercation.

What in God's name did I do to cause this type of reaction?

I have mentioned one person who is doing an outstanding job for hunters and waterfowl. I am very happy to admit that I admire his work. I want to point it out to others, so that they may want to model his efforts. This is similar to others showing appreciation for wetlands and waterfowl organizations like Ducks Unlimited, Delta, or California Waterfowl Association. What in God's name is wrong with that?

Actually, I will probably refrain from doing so in the future because all the negative attention I've gotten lately might set people against him, and that would be a shame.

So, what have I personally done wrong?

If I haven't done anything wrong, but others have attacked me, why am I the one to be blamed?

My name is on every one of my posts at the top, and sometimes at the bottom.

Tom Phillips*

Added edit: #1wingnut (Dan), I just read your post. I was typing while you were posting. Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Tom, are you really that clueless? :no:

You get on here, and talk about banning something that many hunters enjoy. You go so far as writing letters to the government in an attempt to make it happen. You come off with a holier than thou attitude, you taunt, and poke fun at people, you create threads designed to get everyone riled up. Then you wonder why doesn't anyone like me? I think you are a smart guy that has absolutely no people skills. Do you ever go to parties and start arguments and then wonder why no one really likes Tom? I will let you in on a little secret, it's because you always argue. You think it's fun and entertaining, most people find it annoying. Hence your lack of popularity.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WIDGEONATOR said:

Talk to my kids. They might say "Yes."

You get on here, and talk about banning something that many hunters enjoy. You go so far as writing letters to the government in an attempt to make it happen.

All well reasoned and documented. To ensure hunter safety, protect the resource and maintain long-established traditions.

You come off with a holier than thou attitude, you taunt, and poke fun at people, (only in response, and with a light sense of humor) you create threads designed to get everyone riled up.

No, that is never my intention. The only way that happens is from misunderstandings of the responders.

Then you wonder why doesn't anyone like me? (They don't like you?) I think you are a smart guy that has absolutely no people skills. Do you ever go to parties and start arguments and then wonder why no one really likes Tom?

No.

I will let you in on a little secret, it's because you always argue. You think it's fun and entertaining, most people find it annoying. Hence your lack of popularity.
If popularity, love, and respect was what I wanted, I would have gotten married and had children. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Tom Phillips* said:
WIDGEONATOR said:

Talk to my kids. They might say "Yes."

If popularity, love, and respect was what I wanted, I would have gotten married and had children. :biggrin:
:huh: This must be one your Knee Slappers. :zzz:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.