Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older wingmaster without screw in chokes and is full choke can i shot hevi shot out of it with out damaging it or do i need to buy a new barrel?
Kurt

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
:thumbsdown: Based on what I know right now I would say that most of the older fixed choke guns are not for use with steel and therefore I wouldn't use hevi in it especially a full choke. If the barrel doesn't say it is for steel shot I wouldn't due it. You may want to consider bismuth; it is safe in older gun barrels and in some areas it's about the same cost as hevi. If you want to shoot steel or hevi I think you need to look at a new barrel with chokes. Try your local gun shops or online, maybe e-bay. I have seen these for $150.00.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shot thousands of rounds of steel through it but heard that the hevi is even harder than stell. Guess this gives me a reason to get a new barrel or maybe even a new gun. I am going to have a son here shortly so maybe i will have to hand him down the old wing master and i try a Berreta :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.